Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: K1 Fight(prime) Tyson vs. Cro Cop (prime)

i'd say 6-4 Tyson.

but thats just me.

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

I like Crocop for the leg reach alone,Tyson could eat one and get through like that russian with Rizzo but I dont see it happening. I see Crocop kicking his face into the fourth row

Yes I've seen Tyson fight. His hand speed is greater but I think Cro Cop's footwork is on par with Tyson's. If they're up close Tyson will land more, but Cro Cop always looks to circle and back up. If Tyson rushes in he'll probably land a hit but he'll also take leg kicks as he's coming in. Legs are longer than arms. If Cro Cop throws a kick it's gonna land.

Tyson would get caught with some leg kicks on the way in and he'd probably land some hits too but his punches won't be 100% when his legs are on fire. You have to use your legs to set up a punch's momentum. It's not like the very first hit Tyson throws is gonna connect solid and end the fight instantly. Even when you're talking about all those bums Tyson KOed in about a minute, he didn't take them out with the first combo he threw.

Every time Tyson stops and looks for an opening, which he did several times even in your HL vid, his legs will be attacked.

Punk Ass Guest

Tyson couldn't be beat in his prime. Mirko has been beaten many times in his prime. If Jerome LeBanner, Francois Botha, and Hunt (all boxers) can do good in K1, a Prime Tyson would KO just about everybody, hands down. Anybody who says he couldn't, didn't see the Tyson from the 80s(when Tyson was in his prime.)

Hunt isn't a boxer, neither is LeBanner. they just prefer the boxing aspect of K1.

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

Cro Cop actually beat Hunt and JLB in K-1. I don't deny that Tyson would do well but I just don't see how he could avoid Cro Cop's leg kicks. He can't throw a combo of kicks like Tyson can with punches but even a single kick would weaken Tyson's punches.

If it gets up close then yeah Tyson wins since his combos are faster. The thing is that Cro Cop is a counter puncher and his footwork is on the same level as Tyson's. He has a decent shot of keeping a distance and he could land a KO shot there too. I just give Cro Cop the edge because in boxing and K-1 you ALWAYS get those breaks where for a few seconds they stop engaging and look for an opening. Every time one of those comes up, Cro Cop will be in range to dish out some leg kicks. If they land then that weakens Tyson's punching power and if he starts looking down to block them he leaves himself open.

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    Tyson couldn't be beat in his prime. Mirko has been beaten many times in his prime. If Jerome LeBanner, Francois Botha, and Hunt (all boxers) can do good in K1, a Prime Tyson would KO just about everybody, hands down. Anybody who says he couldn't, didn't see the Tyson from the 80s(when Tyson was in his prime.)
    couldnt have said it better. Tyson might get caught with a leg kick but the counter for a leg kick is a right hand particularly an overhand right.I think Tyson is willing to trade a leg kick for a right hand.Cro Cop doesn't have what it takes to keep Tyson away from him.Tyson would be coming forward relentlessly and Cro Cop would fall as soon as one combo landed,the first one that stunned him would set up the rest that would finish him.btw it wasnt just bums he knocked out with the first combo he threw.Ask Spinks,hes got great footwork but did he have a choice? no. Tyson came forward and pummeled him into the ropes ruthlessly until he was done.Tyson wasn't just fast with his hands either he was very elusive id put 100 bucks on if tyson trained K1 for 6 weeks hed be ducking under high kicks and countering with KO punches lol

Chris Leben highlight video...it's EPIC! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnhTP1RV43g

Tyson would just rush right in, not giving mirko time to land anything and even if he did land a kick a less then full power shot from Tyson would still cripple Mirko

I don't see how trading a leg kick for a right hand works out well. Cro Cop would be backing up when he throws the leg kicks like against Aleks and Yoshida, which means Tyson's hits wouldn't land flush. Mirko may get rocked but let's say they exhange 3 times. Even if Mirko's falling back, Tyson's gonna be limping if he tries to go for the kill. Either one of them can recover after being rocked, but once Tyson's legs are on fire, I don't see how he could keep the kind of power and speed he needs. It could go either way but to me Cro Cop's leg kicks are a bigger edge than Tyson's hand speed.

Cool

dont knw who wins but Tyson was a freakin beast like no other.....

Thread Information