Thread: NBA draft lottery

Default NBA draft lottery

I think the lottery set up is crap. I can't believe they don't run this thing like the NFL does by record. Just wondering what everyone else thought. And if you don't like it what would you do to change it?

even though teams sitll do it, it prevents tanking and I like it cuz the NBA Draft is only 2 rounds long so its fine.. in the NFL draft you can do a lot more rebuilding cuz theres so many rounds an value picks, in the NBA Draft ur really lookin for that one player to change things around.. the only problem I have with it is the 2 teams that are stuck in the middle of missing the draft lottery and the playoffs, I think any non-playoff team should be in the lottery.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    even though teams sitll do it, it prevents tanking and I like it cuz the NBA Draft is only 2 rounds long so its fine.. in the NFL draft you can do a lot more rebuilding cuz theres so many rounds an value picks, in the NBA Draft ur really lookin for that one player to change things around.. the only problem I have with it is the 2 teams that are stuck in the middle of missing the draft lottery and the playoffs, I think any non-playoff team should be in the lottery.
    I think it was set up to keep teams from tanking, but they do it anyway. And while I agree that the two drafts are different because you only have 12 men on an NBA roster so they are definately looking for that one difference maker, I thik the team with the worst record should get the top pick. It would keep the same teams from being in the lottery year after year. I do agree that if it stays the same all non-playoff teams should get a shot.

Ya but as you seen this year, the Celtics tanked and got the #5 pick.. evenutally they will learn there lesson or continue to get punished for tanking
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Ya but as you seen this year, the Celtics tanked and got the #5 pick.. evenutally they will learn there lesson or continue to get punished for tanking
    The Celtics are the prime example. If they would have got Duncan 10 years ago like they were supposed to they wouldn't have been in the lottery this year. They got screwed twice.

I watch Mike and Mike in the Morning rather often and Greenberg came up with a great solution for this issue:

Award the teams that try to win each and every game. The best team that missed out on a playoff berth gets the #1 pick. Second best team #2, and so-on-and-so-fourth. It makes perfect sense, really. Don't award the teams like Boston that lost games for a better chance at landing Durrant or Oden. To me, they deserved what happened to them during the Draft Lottery.

Thread Information