View Poll Results: Who would win in this potential superfight?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wanderlei Silva

    31 51.67%
  • Chuck Liddell

    29 48.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Who will win Wanderlei Silva vs. Chuck Liddell if it happens?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    265

    Default

    I'm voting Chuck on this one. Silva is tough, but after the beating he took against Hendo, he showed he has weaknesses. I think Chuck could land some major shots and KO him.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    7,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    Hard to say, Wandy has the style to beat Chuck, but there is no doubt in my mind that Chuck can KO him if he connects. All depends on how chuck takes this loss and learns from it.
    that is basically my feeling. Chuck could come out of this with a lot. Wandy seems to be trying to do just that.. I think it is going to depend on who takes more from these experiences.. right now though, my money would be on Chuck... Chuck had a bad loss.. but Wandy has seen stars twice in a row..

  3. #13
    tlb1088 Guest

    Default

    Silva's a bad matchup for Chuck, he doesnt come in shooting for a take down like most of the people Chuck has ko'd. He comes in throwing viscious hooks with as much ko power as anyone in MMA. Wandy ktfo's Chuck mid first round.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,500

    Default

    Wandy takes this in my eyes, he is the wrong type of fighter for Liddell to feel comfortable with as said above, not only a guy who is more than willing to trade with him, but someone who will be running at him with knees, elbows, crazy combos and the entire striking playbook.
    Also we all know about Wandys stuborness when it comes to striking, he will trade blind flurrys with an opponent showing no respect for their punching power, while this could get him ko'd against someone who hits as hard as Liddell, i also see it as an unknown situation for Liddell and this could lead him to make a mistake in the heat of the moment and if he does and gets stunned for a second, we all know Wandy would finish it twice as fast as Rampage did, with his infamous killer intsincts he woud be all over him with strikes (maybe even get DQ'd with the differrent rules lol).

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    If Wandy can Beat the snot out of Rampage twice, Chuck aint beating him. Wishful thinking.

    Rampage hit Chuck with a wild looping punch. Wandy throws bombs and not wild bombs, he just punches with conviction. Wand KOed fajita who nearly KOed fedor and is a very big HW.

    Using MMA math doesn't prove your point. Wanderlei is simply too fast for Rampage's boxing to keep up. Rampage's blocking protects him from Chuck's haymakers AND he can push the pace. However, Wanderlei's style which IS wild and doesn't involve much blocking leaves him more open to Chuck's haymakers than Rampage's style.


    Simply put, Chuck has a much better shot against Wanderlei than Rampage. And no, Wanderlei did NOT KO Fujita. He got a stoppage because he was landing too many unanswered hits.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    I'll take chuck by ko,wandy is to reckless I seeit looking like chucks second fight with babalu



    Chris Leben highlight video...it's EPIC! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnhTP1RV43g

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Wanderlei takes this. Heres why: Too much aresenal of striking for chuck to deal with. Chuck like to sit back and counter with the big shot. In recent memory chuck has faced wrestlers and grapplers who he has picked apart, however silva would dictate the pace and push chuck, and in colsing the distance would utilize those very dangerous knees in the clinch. Alot of people like to compare Chuck with cc. When crocop fought silva the second time he had a perfect gameplan and was very technical in realizing wands looping hooks and capatalizing with the staright shot. Chuck is nowhere as technical as Crocop is and would be overwhelmed with wands speed and aggresiveness. While there is always that chance with chuck that he lands the bomb I think it will end same way as it did with chuck rampage. If silva beat the shit outta rampage twice, then he would do the same to chuck. Not trying to use mma math here but wands style is bad for chuck, as was rampages. Hes not used to guys who push the pace on him like crazy and arent afraid to bang. Chuck is no Dan henderson in that he wont push wand and mix it up , go on the ground, wrestle....whatever. And wand has crazy cardio and will be pushing chuck the whole time eventually leading to referee stoppage via tko Wanderlei Silva. Chuck has to change his gameplan a little b/c whats worked for him in the past might not look so good with all these monsters coming in such as Silva , Hendo and Shogun. As he found out with Jackson, which in my opinion would get handled by the guys i just mentioned.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MMA Spot . com
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    If this fight happens right now. Today. 5/29/07 Chuck would win. Silva has not fully recovered from the damage of this last two fights. If both fighters take the next 6 to 12 months off and have no other fights in between, I'd call it a toss up. Wandy would have an advantage in overall ability, but Lidell only needs one shot to land.
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

  9. #19
    Punk Ass Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio
    Using MMA math doesn't prove your point. Wanderlei is simply too fast for Rampage's boxing to keep up. Rampage's blocking protects him from Chuck's haymakers AND he can push the pace. However, Wanderlei's style which IS wild and doesn't involve much blocking leaves him more open to Chuck's haymakers than Rampage's style.
    I agree with you on MMA math but it usually works, it's just not full proof. In a nut shell, I just think Wand is a better, more well rounded striker, and Chuck can't go the long haul with Wand, or get lucky enough to catch him.

    I think Wand is slow, especially after seeing that Hendo fight. Wand and Rampage are about the same hand speed IMO, because I think Rampage is slow as well. The only way Wand could beat Rampage and the only way any LHW can beat him IMO is with the knees.

    Simply put, Chuck has a much better shot against Wanderlei than Rampage. And no, Wanderlei did NOT KO Fujita. He got a stoppage because he was landing too many unanswered hits.
    I disagree, Rampage gave Wand a pretty good fight until he was kneed to death. I just think Chuck can't fight in the trenches. He's not a clinch fighter, or close quater fighter, and I think strength and overall killer instinct beats him. Not to mention he's not a spring chicken anymore.

    BTW, so he beat Fujita by TKO, I mean do we really need to nit pick?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    I agree with you on MMA math but it usually works, it's just not full proof. In a nut shell, I just think Wand is a better, more well rounded striker, and Chuck can't go the long haul with Wand, or get lucky enough to catch him.

    I don't think it would take luck to catch him. Wandy's been caught several times but usually recovers. His fast-paced all-offense style throws most of his opponents off but it also leaves him open to taking hits, which is why a fight between him and Chuck can go either way.


    Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    I think Wand is slow, especially after seeing that Hendo fight. Wand and Rampage are about the same hand speed IMO, because I think Rampage is slow as well. The only way Wand could beat Rampage and the only way any LHW can beat him IMO is with the knees.

    Dude, have you seen their second fight? It was decided by a PUNCH. Rampage was out of it from that, and Wanderlei finished him with knees. The first fight was decided by knees. In both fights Wanderlei was outstriking him most of the time on the feet because Rampage couldn't keep up with his striking speed.


    Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    I disagree, Rampage gave Wand a pretty good fight until he was kneed to death.

    In both fights, Wanderlei was outstriking Rampage because of his greater speed and aggressiveness and Rampage got offense by taking it to the ground or landing the occasional haymaker.

    In the first fight yeah it was the knees that ended it.

    In the second fight it was a PUNCH that decided it because Rampage wasn't fast enough to keep up through the exchanges.





    Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    I just think Chuck can't fight in the trenches. He's not a clinch fighter, or close quater fighter, and I think strength and overall killer instinct beats him. Not to mention he's not a spring chicken anymore.

    Wanderlei's aggressiveness and speed will give Chuck problems, BUT it also leaves him a lot more open to a haymaker than Rampage's style. I think Wand will be ahead on points most of the fight, but Chuck has as much a chance of finishing Wanderlei as vice versa.



    Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    BTW, so he beat Fujita by TKO, I mean do we really need to nit pick?

    I just pointed that out because it sounded like you were pimping out Wanderlei's knockout power.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •