Injury Forces Babalu Sobral Off Of Sept. 20th Strikeforce Card

From MMAJunkie.com:

A leg injury has forced Renato “Babalu” Sobral (30-7) out of his upcoming bout with Anthony Ruiz (21-11), which was set to take place Sept. 20 at “Strikeforce at the Mansion II.”

Strikeforce executive Mike Afromowitz today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Sobral was forced off the card and said the organization is looking for a replacement.

Ruiz was actually a recent replacement for Strikeforce world light heavyweight champion Bobby Southworth (9-5), who was forced off the card last month after after suffering a leg injury of his own.

DISCUSS THIS NEWS IN THE MMANEWS.COM FORUMS >>


Want to advertise your site in this space? E-mail the website staff today!