Kimbo Slice To Make Pro Boxing Debut This Saturday

By MATT BOONE
MMANEWS.COM Staff Writer

The following is an excerpt from a new article from ESPN.com:

Kimbo Slice, the internet fighting sensation who rose to prominence in MMA, is making the jump to the boxing ring.

Slice will make his professional boxing debut in a scheduled four-round heavyweight bout against an opponent to be determined in the main event of an untelevised card at Buffalo Run Casino in Miami, Okla., on Aug. 13, promoter Gary Shaw said Wednesday.

“Kimbo has been in Los Angeles area training for this for almost three months,” Shaw said. “I don't know how far he can go, but I know he's very strong and powerful. I know the heavyweight division is weak at this moment in time, so it gives him an opportunity. He's never been in against top echelon boxers, so that story is still untold.

“But I know if he can't do this or he feels he is in over his head or outclassed, he'll call it a day. He will not make a fool of himself. He's too proud.”

Slice, 37, whose real name is Kevin Ferguson, had previously toyed with the idea of boxing and was considering his pro debut late last year before changing his mind.

Now, he has had a change of heart and wants to pursue it, Shaw said.

Check out the complete article online at ESPN.com.

Leave your feedback on this article by posting a comment directly below! You can also chat about the card in the MMANEWS.COM Forums and/or the MMANEWS.COM Facebook. If that wasn't enough, MMANEWS.COM is now on Twitter as well @mmanewsdotcom.