On Sunday, May 8, 2016, UFC held their UFC Fight Night 87 event in The Netherlands, headlined by local fan-favorite Alistair Overeem against former UFC Heavyweight Champion Andrei Arlovski, and featuring Stefan Struve vs. Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva in the co-featueed bout of the evening.
The main event saw Overeem’s big toe come out of the socket when throwing a vicious karate-kid style kick to the jaw of Arlovski, followed by a big left hand, before finishing off the former UFC Heavyweight Champion on the ground with strikes in the second round.
After beating Arlovski, Overeem said he wanted to fight the winner of the UFC 198 main event between Fabricio Werdum and Stipe Miocic for the UFC Heavyweight Championship at the UFC’s debut event at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York, and then defend the title in Holland.
In the evening’s co-main event, Stefan Struve returned with a big win, as he stopped Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva with strikes in just 15 seconds of the very first round.
Below are complete quick-match results of the UFC Fight Night 87 event from Rotterdam.
Main Card Results (FS1 – 2pm EST.)
– Alistair Overeem def. Andrei Arlovski via TKO (punches) at 1:12 of Round 2
– Stefan Struve def. Antonio Silva via TKO (elbows) at 0:15 of Round 1
– Gunnar Nelson def. Albert Tumenov via Submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:15 of Round 2
– Germaine de Randamie def. Anna Elmose via TKO (knees) at 3:46 of Round 1
– Nikita Krylov def. Francimar Barroso via Submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:11 of Round 2
– Karolina Kowalkiewicz def. Heather Jo Clark via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
Preliminary Card Results (FS1 – 12pm EST.)
– Rustam Khabilov def. Chris Wade via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
– Magnus Cedenblad def. Garreth McLellan via TKO (head kick and punches) at 0:47 of Round 2
– Josh Emmett def. Jon Tuck via Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
– Yan Cabral vs. Reza Madadi def. Yan Cabral via TKO (punches) at 1:56 of Round 3
Preliminary Card Results (Fight Pass – 10:30am EST.)
– Kyoji Horiguchi def. Neil Seery via Unanimous Decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
– Leon Edwards def. Dominic Waters via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
– Ulka Sasaki def. Willie Gates via Submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:30 of Round 2