Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will make his return to the UFC's Octagon in his home country where he had hoped to fight next as the UFC announced today that Big Nog will face rising heavyweight star Brendan Schaub at UFC 134 in Rio.
The heavyweight contest will join the card that will feature Anderson Silva defending the middleweight title against Yushin Okami.
Nogueira hasn't fought since Feb. 2010, a loss to current heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez at UFC 110.
Schaub's last bout was at UFC 128. The former NFLer knocked out the legendary Mirko Cro Cop in the fight.
UFC: Rio is expected to also feature the following bouts:
* Champ Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami (for middleweight title)
* Forrest Griffin vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
* Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Brendan Schaub
* Edson Barboza vs. Ross Pearson
* Luiz Cane vs. Stanislav Nedkov
* Tom Lawlor vs. TBA
* Spencer Fisher vs. Thiago Tavares
* Alexandre “Cacareco” Ferreira vs. Rousimar Palhares
* David Mitchell vs. Paulo Thiago