Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Weidman-Belfort Likely For UFC 184 In Feb., NSAC Won’t Be Drug Testing “The Phenom”

Although he previously promised the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) that he would not fight outside of Nevada until he first competed in Las Vegas and passed all mandatory drug tests, it looks as though Vitor Belfort won’t be keeping his word.

While it may not be his fault, it looks like Belfort will be breaking his word by way of his title fight with Chris Weidman being moved to the state of California, as the belief is the Weidman-Belfort title fight will take place at UFC 184 in Los Angeles, California on February 28, 2015.

Veteran MMA journalist Ariel Helwani spoke to NSAC executive director Bob Bennett to dig up the dirt on the way Belfort’s drug-testing will be handled leading into the February bout.

Helwani reported the following:

“On Wednesday, MMAFighting.com spoke to NAC executive director Bob Bennett, who said he currently has no plans in place to randomly test Belfort because the UFC recently informed the commission that the Weidman vs. Belfort fight would probably take place in California next year. (Note: the UFC has yet to publicly announce the official date and location of the title fight, however, UFC president Dana White recently said it would happen in February.) Bennett also said the commission had yet to test Belfort, despite the fact that the title fight was official for two months before Weidman had to pull out. Weidman confirmed he had not been tested, as well.”

Talk about this on our official FACEBOOK page, or on our official TWITTER page. You can also talk about it in our popular FORUMS.

Related Articles

Follow MMA News

261,231FansLike
133FollowersFollow
3,869FollowersFollow
2,440SubscribersSubscribe
Related Articles