The Stockton native explained during his portion of the post-fight presser that he came into the fight with a left arm injury, one that was bad enough that he needed a cortisone shot to be able to compete. He also said that a UFC doctor informed him that the injury was severe enough that it may require surgery.
According to X-rays, Diaz might have bone spurs or bone fragments in his elbow. Because of the arm issues, Diaz described how it affected his ability to properly train for the fight.
“I couldn’t really throw any punches until the fight, because I thought if it was gonna tear something or pull something, I would just get through it in the fight,” said Diaz. “I didn’t want to do it before the fight and have it swell up on me and go out there with nothing.”
Diaz continued, “It was actually locking up on me and I couldn’t punch with it. But I came out to fight and it wasn’t an issue. But I was worried it was going to be, because every time I’d throw a punch in the last couple days it would lock up, it would stick.”
You can hear Diaz talk in great detail about the arm injury, as well as his thoughts on his fight with Silva at UFC 183, a fight he felt he won, by watching highlights of the UFC 183 post-fight press conference via the YouTube player embedded at the top of this page.
Additionally, you can watch a video archive of the full, 43-minute post-fight press conference by clicking here.
OTHER MMANEWS.COM LINKS:
– Miesha Tate Nude Photos Leak, Being Sold Online
– Editorial: Conor McGregor — The Floyd Mayweather Of MMA?
– Editorial: Top 5 MMA Fighters Who Could Succeed In WWE
– Editorial: Jon Jones Continues To Prove He Is Only A Champion On Paper
– Photo: Miesha Tate Graces Cover Of ‘Fitness Gurls Magazine’
– Photo: Ronda Rousey’s Brazilian Bikini Photo Shoot
– Photos & Bio: UFC Women’s Bantamweight Contender Paige VanZant
– TUF 20 Competitor Angela Magana Releases Series Of Explicit Photos (UPDATED)
– Editorial: Conor McGregor — Is He More Clever Than We Think?
– Editorial: Clash Of Artists — Jose Aldo & Conor McGregor
– Photos: UFC Women’s Contender Leslie Smith’s Ear Nearly Ripped Off During Fight
– Photos: UFC’s Two Newest Octagon Girls