Earlier this week, former UFC title contender Chael Sonnen claimed during an appearance on TSN’s “Off The Record” program in Canada that WWE officials have invited him to appear at WrestleMania weekend in March. WWE representatives, however, have since denied those claims.
Sonnen told “OTR” host Michael Landsberg, “I got a call from WWE. They said, ‘Look, we have a Hall of Fame show in March. If you want to come out, we want to talk to you about some stuff.'”
The West Linn Gangster went on to claim that WWE also invited MMA legend Wanderlei Silva to the event as well.
On Thursday, WWE representatives issued a brief, one-line statement to members of the pro wrestling and MMA media stating Sonnen’s claims are not true.
WWE simply stated the following:
“There has been no invitation from WWE for Chael Sonnen to attend WrestleMania.”
You can watch Sonnen’s full appearance on “OTR” by clicking here.