Following her show-stealing performance at WrestleMania 31 on Sunday night, early speculation is that we haven’t seen the last of Ronda Rousey in WWE.
According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it’s considered likely that last night was the beginning of WWE setting up a significant future program.
While nothing is confirmed at this point, the belief is that last night’s segment, which featured Rousey and The Rock getting into it with “The Authority” — Stephanie McMahon and Triple H, was the beginning of a potential main event for next year’s WrestleMania event.
The belief is that The Rock and Triple H will be involved in one of the main events at WrestleMania 32, with Rousey and McMahon in their respective corners, or a potential mixed tag-team match with Rousey and The Rock taking on McMahon and Triple H.
WWE is trying to set a new attendance record at next year’s WrestleMania, which takes place at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, so the company is expected to pull out all of the stops, and with Rousey’s drawing power and the way last night’s segment went, most are under the assumption that she will be involved.
For those who missed it, you can check out video of the complete Ronda Rousey segment from WrestleMania 31 by clicking here.
UPDATE: Ronda Rousey herself seems to be confirming the rumors. Read what Rousey had to say about working more for WWE in the future by clicking here.
Other MMANews.com Links:
– Photos: CM Punk’s First Official UFC Fighter Portraits Shoot
– Photos: UFC Octagon Girl Arianny Celeste’s New Playboy Shoot (March 19th)
– Photos & Video: Ronda Rousey In Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit Issue
– Miesha Tate Nude Photos Leak, Being Sold Online
– CM Punk Reveals Specific Month He Expects To Make UFC Debut
– UFC Octagon Girl Arianny Celeste Calls Ronda Rousey A “Bully,” Rousey Responds