Sunday, November 28, 2021

Renan Barao Says He Only Lost To TJ Dillashaw Because He Fought On Short Notice

While many fighters tend to avoid making excuses for their losses inside the Octagon, some still can’t help but explain why they feel they loss for unfair reasons. Renan Barao falls into the latter category.

Barao spoke with Brazilian media outlet Portal do Vale Tudo this week and explained why he feels he lost his UFC Bantamweight Championship to current champion TJ Dillashaw last year.

“I was on vacation, I had just fought Faber in February,” said Barao. “I was in my hometown when I got the call from Jair Lourenco, telling me the UFC wanted me to fight at UFC 173, because Chris Weidman had gotten hurt and they had to have a title fight.”

Barao continued, “I said I couldn’t fight, but since we always trusted our work, we tried to give our best. Unfortunately, the result was what happened.”

Barao will get a chance to redeem himself, as he will fight Dillashaw in a rematch for the UFC 135-pound title with plenty of notice at UFC On FOX 16 on Saturday, July 25, 2015 at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois.

Thanks for visiting MMANews.com, a leading source for MMA News since 2002.
Follow us on FacebookTwitter and Google News.

Trending Articles

More Top Stories