Saturday, December 4, 2021

NAC Members Receiving Death Threats Regarding Nick Diaz 5-Year Suspension

It’s looking more and more like the Nevada Athletic Commission is going to succumb to public pressure regarding reducing the suspension handed down to Nick Diaz for popping hot for marijuana metabolites, especially now that certain commission members are receiving death threats.

According to Amy Dardashtian, the legal correspondent who broke the story earlier this week via social media, commission members have begun receiving death threats.

“Multiple sources are telling us that basically public pressure got to this commission with at least one of the commission members receiving death threats,” said Dardashtian during her appearance on AXS TV’s “Inside MMA” on Friday.

The Diaz camp is reportedly in settlement talks with the NAC, with the UFC even having their legal team helping with the case, with the goal being to reduce Diaz’s five year suspension to a 1.5 or 2 year suspension and backdate it to January of 2015, when he had the fight with Anderson Silva at UFC 183 that resulted in the failed drug test.

“Which means we could be seeing him back in the Octagon as early as this summer if this particular deal works out,” said Dardashtian.

Thanks for visiting MMANews.com, a leading source for MMA News since 2002.
Follow us on FacebookTwitter and Google News.

Trending Articles

More Top Stories