Saturday, May 28, 2022

Jose Aldo Squashes Retirement Rumors

As previously noted, Jose Aldo’s training partner Andy Souwer recently predicted UFC 194 would be the last time we see Aldo in the octagon. Souwer commented on Aldo’s future after his featherweight unification title fight against Conor McGregor on Saturday, saying “I think he’s done with [MMA].”

Aldo has now commented back, and shot down the rumor. In an interview with UFC.com, Aldo said he has no plans to retire after the McGregor fight. He says he wants to continue his career, and plans to fight many more opponents.

“This won’t be my last fight,” Aldo told UFC.com, “I think I still have other opponents to face.”

Aldo, who is currently on a 22-fight winning streak, believes he can finish McGregor on Saturday whether they stand up or go to the ground.

“If the fight stays standing, I will knock him out,” he said. “If he goes to the ground, I’ll submit him. This night will be perfect, and I will win.”

UFC 194 takes place on December 12th at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. We’ll have full coverage all week here on MMANews.com, with live round-by-round results on Saturday night.

Related: Chael Sonnen Says Both Aldo & McGregor Are “So Scared” Heading Into UFC 194

Related Articles
Related Articles