With UFC On FOX 18 officially in the books, it’s time to find out how much money fighters who competed on Saturday’s fight card earned via their new, mandatory Reebok sponsorship deals.
Below are the payouts that the fighters earned strictly from the UFC/Reebok outfitting deal for the fights at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey this past Saturday, January 30, 2016.
With the unique nature of the Reebok sponsorship payout system, Jake Ellenberger, who lost to Tarec Saffiedine in a preliminary bout on FOX Sports 1 prior to the main card on big FOX, earned the same amount as both headliners for the show — Anthony Johnson and Ryan Bader — and more than anyone else on the main card outside of the aforementioned main eventers.
Note: These are not the usual fighter salaries we post after each event, but instead the amount of money fighters earned strictly from the new Reebok sponsorship deal.
UFC On FOX 18 Main Card (FOX):
– Anthony Johnson: $15,000 def. Ryan Bader: $15,000
– Ben Rothwell: $5,000 def. Josh Barnett: $5,000
– Jimmie Rivera: $2,500 def. Iuri Alcantara: $10,000
– Bryan Barberena: $2,500 def. Sage Northcutt: $2,500
UFC On FOX 18 Preliminary Fights (FOX Sports 1):
– Tarec Saffiedine: $5,000 def. Jake Ellenberger: $15,000
– Diego Ferreira: $2,500 def. Olivier Aubin-Mercier: $2,500
– Rafael Natal: $10,000 def. Kevin Casey: $2,500
– Wilson Reis: $5,000 def. Dustin Ortiz: $5,000
– Alexander Yakovlev: $2,500 def. George Sullivan: $2,500
– Alex Caceres: $10,000 def. Masio Fullen: $2,500
UFC On FOX 18 Preliminary Fights (UFC Fight Pass):
– Randy Brown: $2,500 def. Matt Dwyer: $2,500
– Damon Jackson: $2,500 vs. Levan Makashvili: $2,500
– Tony Martin: $2,500 def. Felipe Olivieri: $2,500
How do Reebok and the UFC decide how much fighters earn through the new Reebok sponsorship deal? How do they reach the figures that will be paid out to the fighters? Click ahead to page two for a full breakdown that explains what it takes to make a certain amount of money through this new, mandatory sponsorship deal between UFC and Reebok.