Earlier this year, Diaz scored a second round submission victory over the current UFC featherweight champion. They will have their rematch on August 20 once again at welterweight.
“Most certainly this will be a trilogy fight,” said McGregor, during a conference call Friday to promote the fight. “Me and the boy have something and it ain’t finished yet.”
As for how this second fight ends, McGregor predicted a finish of his own.
“I will repay the favor and KO him inside the second round,” he said.
For the most part, “Notorious” has remained quiet on the forefront ahead of the contest. In recent days, though, the two have appeared on several television shows to hype the bout. As far as McGregor is concerned, all the “other stuff” will come after he faces Diaz.
“I create my own content,” McGregor said. “I’m in control of everything that I do and that’s the way it should be.”