The Ultimate Fighter 28 Finale (TUF 28 Finale) went down last night (Fri. November 30, 2018) from the Pearl Theatre at Palms Casino Resort from Las Vegas, Nevada. In the main event, a tremendous welterweight contest was set. Former UFC lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos faced Kamaru Usman. Usman dominated his Brazilian counterpart, making quite a statement for a title opportunity.
Also, the heavyweight finals of TUF 28 went down between competitors Juan Espino and Justin Frazier. And of course, the women’s featherweight TUF 28 finals between Pannie Kianzad and Macy Chiasson also went down. Check out MMA News’ TUF 28 Finale results here below:
- Welterweight: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Kamaru Usman
The pair clinch up and exchange shots quickly before separating. Leg kick from RDA and Usman catches it for a takedown. RDA scrambles to his feet and is against the cage. Some nice body shots from Usman before he shoots in on a single leg that’s blocked. They separate after exchanging elbows.
Flying knee misses from RDA, he misses on some hooks before Usman works a takedown against the cage again. Usman gets the takedown and RDA scoots to the cage. RDA going for things off his back lands a big upkick, but Usman continues to swarm with ground-and-pound. The round comes to an end.
Another clinch from Usman and RDA as they exchange shots. After some work, Usman gets the takedown into full guard. Elbows for RDA from the bottom and he locks a kimura attempt, however, Usman rolls out of it and they’re back to their feet. A big inside elbow lands for Usman as they clinch against the cage again. RDA responds with an elbow of his own. Dos Anjos firing back now, they exchange nice shots to end the round.
Usman gets RDA against the cage and delivers some nice body shots. RDA responds with some of his own, and they’re exchanging now. Usman shoots in again against the cage. Usman gets RDA to the ground, but he gets back to his feet quickly. Usman gets off a big knee before they separate.
Another takedown for Usman, and RDA is attacking the arm again. Now back to the feet, RDA goes for a takedown, but Usman stuffs it for top control. Back to the feet for the fence clinch, and they exchange short shoulder shots and elbows. The round comes to an end.
Usman lands some nice shots to open up the round. He has become very confident and is letting his hands go. Usman shoots in on an effortless takedown and gets it.RDA struggles back to his feet but is quickly taken back down. Usman ground-and-pounds RDA nicely, as the Brazilian is busted open. The round comes to an end.
Usman with a big combo to open things up. Usman has RDA against the cage with nice combos. RDA is tripped do his knee and Usman goes for the back. Usman lands some heavy shots as RDA gets to his feet. Big uppercuts from Usman land, and RDA responds with an elbow. Takedown from Usman, and RDA hooks the neck but can’t lock it up. Usman is hitting some nice shots from the top. With seconds left, Usman goes for the finish, but he isn’t able to get it. The fight comes to an end.
Official Result: Kamaru Usman def. Rafael dos Anjos via unanimous decision (50-43, 49-45, 48-47)
- Heavyweight: Juan Espino def. Justin Frazier via R1 submission (straight armbar, 3:37)
- Women’s Featherweight: Macy Chiasson def. Pannie Kianzad via R2 submission (rear-naked choke, 2:11)
- Bantamweight: Pedro Munhoz def. Bryan Caraway via R1 TKO (punches, 2:39)
- Middleweight: Edmen Shahbazyan def. Darren Stewart via split decision(29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Catchweight (130.5 pounds): Antonina Shevchenko def. Ji Yeon Kim via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Catchweight (148.5 pounds): Kevin Aguilar def. Rick Glenn via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Flyweight: Joseph Benavidez def. Alex Perez via R1 TKO (punches, 4:19)
- Heavyweight: Maurice Greene def. Michel Batista via R1 submission (triangle choke, 2:14)
- Women’s Featherweight: Leah Letson def. Julija Stoliarenko via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
UFC Fight Pass:
- Lightweight: Roosevelt Roberts def. Darrell Horcher via R1 submission (standing guillotine, 4:50)
- Welterweight: Tim Means def. Ricky Rainey via R1 TKO (punches, 1:18)
- Bantamweight: Raoni Barcelos def. Chris Gutierrez via R2 submission (rear-naked choke, 4:12)