Earlier tonight (Fri. April 26, 2019) WBC super flyweight champion Srisaket Sor Rungvisai (also known as Wisaksil Wangek) defended his title. He stepped into the ring against Juan Francisco Estrada.
The pair headlined a great night of boxing inside The Forum in Inglewood, California. Wangek defended his WBC, The Ring, and lineal super flyweight titles. Wangek had been undefeated since 2014, and has ruled the super flyweight division since 2017. He took on Estrada, who was on a two-fight win streak.
Estrada had a 10-fight win streak snapped by Wangek in 2018. Wangek took home a Majority Decision victory after their initial meeting. Estrada got his opportunity at redemption and a second crack at the super flyweight throne. As for Wangek, he was out to prove he’s undoubtedly the better fighter between the pair when attempting to get the job done a second time.
Check out MMA News’ results from Wangek vs. Estrada here:
- Super flyweight: Juan Francisco Estrada def. (C) Wisaksil Wangek via unanimous decision (116-112, 115-113, 115-113)
- Super bantamweight: (C) Daniel Roman def. (C) TJ Doheny via majority decision (113-113, 116-110, 116-110) **for IBF and WBA Super Bantamweight Titles**
- Super welterweight: Jessie Vargas def. Humberto Soto via R6 TKO (1:48)
- Super middleweight: Anthony Sims Jr. def. Vaughn Alexander via unanimous decision (98-92, 98-92, 96-94)
- Catchweight (162 pounds): Diego Pacheco def. Guillermo Maldonado via R1 KO (1:46)
- Junior welterweight: Shakhram Giyasov def. Emanuel Taylor via unanimous decision(99-91, 99-91, 97-93)