Earlier tonight (Sat. May 4, 2019) a massive middleweight title fight went down from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Canelo Alvarez put his WBA (Super), WBC, The Ring, and lineal middleweight titles on the line, against IBF middleweight champion Daniel Jacobs – who also put his title up for grabs.
Alvarez has emerged as boxing’s biggest star over the past several years. He had not tasted defeat since 2013 when he was bested by Floyd “Money” Mayweather. He took on Jacobs, who had only lost twice in his career, capturing the IBF middleweight strap in his last outing this past October.
Check out MMA News’ unified middleweight title results for Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs here:
- Middleweight: (C) Canelo Alvarez def. (C) Daniel Jacobs via unanimous decision (115-113, 115-113, 116-112)
- Welterweight: Vergil Ortiz Jr. def. Mauricio Herrera via R3 KO
- Junior welterweight: Pablo Cesar Cano vs. Michael Perez
- Junior lightweight: Joseph Diaz Jr. def. Freddy Fonseca via R7 TKO (2:07)
- Welterweight: Anthony Young def. Sadam Ali via R3 TKO (2:38)
- Junior lightweight: Lamont Roach Jr. def. Jonathan Oquendo via unanimous decision (97-92, 97-92, 96-93)
- Super middleweight: John Ryder def. Bilal Akkawy via R3 TKO (2:12)
- Featherweight: Aram Avagyan def. Francisco Esparza via unanimous decision (96-93, 96-93, 97-92)
- Super middleweight: Alexis Espino def. Billy Wagner via unanimous decision (39-35, 39-35, 39-34)