Sarah Kaufman will move on to the PFL 2019 playoffs without having to compete tomorrow night (July 11).
Kaufman was scheduled to take on Roberta Samad on the main card of PFL 4, season 2. Those plans changed when Samad failed to make the women’s lightweight limit. Samad missed weight by 0.6 pounds and Kaufman was awarded three points, allowing her to move on to the playoffs.
Sean O’Connell made the announcement during the ceremonial weigh-ins:
“We did lose a couple bouts off the card and I just wanna explain for everyone what happened. A couple of fighters [were] unable to make weight. Sarah Kaufman did make weight. She will take the walkover and the three points. She’ll be paid her show purse and her win purse because the PFL takes care of their fighters. That will be good enough to secure her a spot in these playoffs. She’ll be either the one seed, the two seed, or the three seed depending on what happens in tomorrow’s women’s lightweight action. So Sarah Kaufman moves on, Roberta Samad unable to make weight. She retains the points she won in her first bout, she does not get anything for this bout.”
Zane Kamaka also missed weight. He was set to take on Andre Fialho. Fialho takes the walkover victory, while Kamaka is kicked off this season of PFL due to missing weight in the past.
Here are the PFL 4, season 2 weigh-in results:
- Magomed Magomedkerimov (170.6) vs. Chris Curtis (171)
- Kayla Harrison (155.6) vs. Morgan Frier (152.6)
- Ray Cooper III (169.4) vs. John Howard (170.6)
- Bojan Velickovic (170.4) vs. Joao Zeferino (171)
- Sadibou Sy (170) vs. Glaico Franca (171)
- Handesson Ferreira (171) vs. David Michaud (171)
- Bobbi Jo Dalziel (156) vs. Larissa Pacheco (155.8)
- Genah Fabian (155.6) vs. Moriel Charneski (156)