It was headlined by a meeting between Zabit Magomedsharipov and Calvin Kattar in a featherweight bout.
In the co-headliner, Alexander Volkov vs. Greg Hardy in a heavyweight bout took place.
Rounding out the six bout main card is Zelim Imadaev vs. Danny Roberts in a welterweight bout, Khadis Ibragimovvs. Ed Herman in a light heavyweight bout, Ramazan Emeev vs. Anthony Martin in a welterweight bout, and Shamil Gamzatov vs. Klidson Abreu in a light heavyweight bout.
Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Calvin Kattar
Both fighters came out of the gate looking for a fight and got it. Kattar was bringing it right to him and caught him a few times. In the second round, Zabit landed a thunderous takedown but Kattar was able to bounce right back up. Kattar stunned him with a hard shot to close out the second round. Kattar went after Zabit in round three for the majority of the round while Zabit was on his bike and looking to counter-strike. Kattar blitzed him with strikes to the head and body in the last two minutes while Zabit was trying to outlast him. Zabit scored a takedown to end the fight. Zabit got the decision win.
Alexander Volkov vs. Greg Hardy
The fight was off to a slow start and not much happened in the first round. The most notable thing was the fact that Hardy told his corner after the round that he injured his right hand. It appears that a kick he blocked with the hand is what injured it. Hardy was tentative but throwing left jabs. Volkov continued to move in and start to pressure him going forward. Hardy didn’t look bad as he was getting hit but rather a guy who did belong in the Octagon against a top 10 opponent. Volkov stunned him with a head kick in the third round. Volkov earned the decision win.
Zelim Imadaev vs. Danny Roberts
A back and forth decent round one. In the second round, Roberts was looking to clinch and get the fight to the ground, which was the story of this fight as both men were having the same gameplan. Roberts did a nice job of roughing him up in the clinch while looking for the takedown. Roberts knocked him out with a massive left hook that spun Zelim around and what’s a wrap.
Khadis Ibragimovvs. Ed Herman
This was a classic slugfest with both fighters swinging for the fences. Khadis likely had a broken nose due to the damage that he suffered. It was a fun back and forth fight. Khadis did try to change things up late in the fight with a takedown but that wasn’t working. At one point, Ibragimov did get the takedown. The judges gave the decision win to Herman.
Ramazan Emeev vs. Anthony Martin
They had a fun first round with them exchanging strikes until Emeev scored a takedown only to find himself in danger when Martin applied the kimura. Emeev was able to survive. Martin used leg kicks to his advance and was doing some serious damage. Emeev scored a takedown to end the second round. The story of the fight was Emeev looking for the takedowns while Martin had the advantage on the feet with kicks. In the end, the judges gave the win to Martin.
Shamil Gamzatov vs. Klidson Abreu
Round one was all striking but it was a tactical battle with Gamzatov being more active with his punches. The second round more of the same until Abreu decided to change things up and take the fight to the ground with a minute to go where he scored some points. They traded shots in the third round with shamil appearing to put more on offense as the round came to a close. The judges gave the win to Gamzatov by split decision.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Moscow results below:
Quick UFC Moscow Results
Main Card (ESPN+ 2 p.m ET)
- Featherweight bout: Zabit Magomedsharipov def. Calvin Kattar via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Heavyweight bout: Alexander Volkov def. Greg Hardy via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Welterweight bout: Danny Roberts def. Zelim Imadaev via R2 KO (punch, 4:54)
- Light Heavyweight bout: Ed Herman def. Khadis Ibragimov via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Welterweight bout: Anthony Rocco Martin def. Ramazan Emeev via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Light Heavyweight bout: Shamil Gamzatov def. Klidson Abreu via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
Preliminary Card (ESPN+ 11 a.m ET)
- Light Heavyweight bout: Magomed Ankalaev def. Dalcha Lungiambula via KO (front kick) at :29 of R3
- Welterweight bout: Rustam Khabilov def. Sergey Khandozhko via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Middleweight bout: Karl Roberson def. Roman Kopylov by submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:01 of Round 3
- Welterweight bout: David Zawada def. Abubakar Nurmagomedov via R1 submission (triangle choke, 2:50)
- Lightweight bout: Roosevelt Roberts def. Alexander Yakovlev via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Pannie Kianzad def. Jessica-Rose Clark via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Bantamweight bout: Davey Grant def. Grigorri Popov by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)