Conor McGregor believes he’s due for his biggest payday for an MMA bout.
McGregor is no stranger to massive payouts. He reportedly made around $100 million for his Aug. 2017 boxing match with Floyd Mayweather. Going into UFC 246, McGregor anticipates quite the paycheck.
McGregor Sees Huge Payday For UFC 246
Despite the inactivity, McGregor’s star power is expected to remain strong for his bout with Donald Cerrone this Saturday night (Jan. 18). Speaking to ESPN, McGregor said he expects the biggest payday of his career as far as MMA bouts are concerned (via BJPenn.com).
“I’m confident it’s going to be a nice paycheck,” McGregor told ESPN’s Ariel Helwani.
“Probably [the most ever] in my mixed martial arts career,” he added. “I’m estimating a good $80 million. Like I said we’ve got Australia and Canada and England and Ireland — it should be a good one.
“They think I’m toast, Ariel, but I’m still the bread.”
Be sure to stick with MMA News throughout fight week. We’ll be providing coverage of UFC 246. Of course, we’ll bring you live coverage of the event on fight night.
Here’s a look at the UFC 246 card.
Main Card (PPV)
- Conor McGregor vs. Donald Cerrone
- Holly Holm vs. Raquel Pennington
- Aleksei Oleinik vs. Maurice Greene
- Claudia Gadelha vs. Alexa Grasso
- Anthony Pettis vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira
- Roxanne Modafferi vs. Maycee Barber
- Andre Fili vs. Sodiq Yusuff
- Drew Dober vs. Nasrat Haqparast
- Chas Skelly vs. Grant Dawson
- Aleksa Camur vs. Justin Ledet
- Tim Elliott vs. Askar Askarov
- Brian Kelleher vs. Ode Osbourne
- Sabina Mazo vs. JJ Aldrich