UFC Norfolk went down tonight (Saturday, February 29, 2020) from the Chartway Arena in Norfolk, Virginia and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Joseph Benavidez and Deiveson Figueiredo in a bout to see the new UFC flyweight champion be crowned but only Benavidez can win.
The co-headliner was Felicia Spencer vs. Zarah Fairn in a women’s featherweight bout.
Ion Cutelaba vs. Magomed Ankalaev in a light heavyweight bout, Megan Anderson vs. Norma Dumont in a women’s featherweight bout, and Derrick Minner vs. Grant Dawson rounded out the main card.
Joseph Benavidez vs. Deiveson Figueiredo
Figueiredo nearly got an armbar victory in the first round but Joe got out of it. They slugged it out to round out the first slate. Joe was mixing things until they collided heads, which cut open Joe’s forehead. Figueiredo dropped him with a major league right hand. Figueiredo followed up with a flurry of strikes on the ground for the win. Figueiredo didn’t win the title due to him missing weight.
Felicia Spencer vs. Zarah Fairn
Spencer came out, scored a takedown and landed a series of strikes to earn the TKO win.
Ion Cutelaba vs. Magomed Ankalaev
They came out firing and Ankalaev stunned him with a head kick then fired some more strikes but Ion was wobbly and throwing shots. The referee stepped in and stopped the fight early that led to some controversy.
Megan Anderson vs. Norma Dumont
After some clinch work up against the fence, Anderson connected with a right hand bomb that dropped Dumont and the fight was over in the first round.
Derrick Minner vs. Grant Dawson
Dawson managed to score a takedown early in the fight but was caught in an armbar but got out of it. Minner switched out of it to a guillotine choke and once again Dawson got out of it. In the second round, Dawson got his back and locked in the rear-naked choke for the win.
Quick UFC UFC Norfolk Results
Main Card (8 PM ET, ESPN+)
- Flyweight title bout: Deiveson Figueiredo def. Joseph Benavidez by TKO (punches) at 1:54 of Round 2. There is no new UFC Flyweight Champion.
- Women featherweight bout: Felicia Spencer def. Zarah Fairn by TKO (strikes) at 3:37 of Round 1
- Light heavyweight bout: Magomed Ankalaev def. Ion Cutelaba by knockout at :38 of Round 1
- Women featherweight bout: Megan Anderson def. Norma Dumont by knockout (punch) at 3:31 of Round 1
- Bantamweight bout: Grant Dawson def. Darrick Minner by submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:38 of Round 2
Preliminary Card (5 PM ET, ESPN+)
- Bantamweight bout: Kyler Phillips def. Gabriel Silva by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Middleweight bout: Brendan Allen def. Tom Breese by TKO (punches) at 4:47 of Round 1
- Heavyweight bout: Marcin Tybura def. Serghei Spivac by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Lightweight bout: Luis Peña def. Steve Garcia via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Featherweight bout: Jordan Griffin def. TJ Brown by submission (guillotine choke) at 3:38 of Round 2
- Featherweight bout: Spike Carlyle def. Aalon Cruz by TKO (strikes) at 1:25 of Round 1
- Welterweight bout: Sean Brady def. Ismail Naurdiev by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)