Ray Borg has been replaced by Gustavo Lopez on the main card of UFC on ESPN 10.
Borg was scheduled to take on Merab Dvalishvili this Saturday night (June 13). During a media day session, the UFC announced that Borg is off the card due to personal reasons. Lopez was later reported to be the replacement by multiple outlets, including MMAFighting.
Taking to his Twitter account, Borg was brief in shedding some light on his removal from the UFC on ESPN 10 card.
“Family first, see you soon son.”
Borg’s son has been going through medical issues. He’s dealing with Hydrocephalus and has undergone multiple surgeries. MMA News wishes Borg’s son the very best at this time.
Lopez was last seen competing under the Combate Americas banner. He is the promotion’s bantamweight champion. He’ll likely vacate the title now that he’s onboard for UFC on ESPN 10. Lopez vs. Dvalishvili will be contested at a catchweight of 140 pounds given the short notice.
Here is the updated UFC on ESPN 10 card.
Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+)
- Jessica Eye vs. Cynthia Calvillo
- Karl Roberson vs. Marvin Vettori
- Andre Fili vs. Charles Jourdain
- Merab Dvalishvili vs. Gustavo Lopez
- Mark De La Rosa vs. Jordan Espinosa
- Mariya Agapova vs. Melissa Gatto
- Kevin Aguilar vs. Charles Rosa
- Julia Avila vs. Gina Mazany
- Zarrukh Adashev vs. Tyson Nam
- Jordan Griffin vs. Darrick Minner
- Christian Aguilera vs. Anthony Ivy
Keep it locked on MMA News for live coverage of UFC on ESPN 10. We’ll have you covered with live results, highlights, and post-fight tidbits. Be sure to join us tomorrow for live weigh-in results.