UFC on ESPN 10 went down tonight (Sat. June 13, 2020) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the APEX and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Jessica Eye and Cynthia Calvillo in a women’s flyweight bout.
The co-headliner saw Karl Roberson vs Marvin Vettori in a middleweight bout. Merab Dvalishvili vs Gustavo Lopez in a bantamweight, Andre Fili vs Charles Jourdain in a featherweight, and Jordan Espinosa vs Mark De La Rosa in a bantamweight bout rounds out the five bout main card.
Jessica Eye vs. Cynthia Calvillo
They started out with strictly boxing. In the second round, Calvillo managed to score a takedown, but Eye got back to her feet and Calvillo got her back where she worked her over with strikes while going for some chokes. Calvillo waited for Eye to throw a big punch in the third round and managed to score a takedown as a result. To open round four, Calvillo scored yet another takedown and even got Eye’s back in the process. With two minutes left, Eye got to her feet and stuffed a takedown. The final round was all about the striking until Calvillo scored a takedown with a minute left. The judges gave the win to Calvillo.
Karl Roberson vs Marvin Vettori
Vettori put a takedown defense in round one and went for a guillotine choke, but was eventually taken down. Vettori got up and scored a takedown of his own. Vettori got on top and rained down a series of strikes. Vettori got the rear-naked choke for the win.
Charles Rosa vs Kevin Aguilar
Aguilar was a straight boxer while Rosa saw that and took advantage with his kicks. Aguilar was waiting and Paul Felder thought he was doing it for too long. They both were changing stances in order to get inside. Rosa landed a nice leg kick followed up by a left hook that stunned Aguilar, who fired back and busted open Rosa. They traded to end the fight with Rosa getting the decision win.
Andre Fili vs Charles Jourdain
Fili was dropped in the first round after eating a big strike, but managed to get back to his feet. As the round went on, Fili answered by rocking Jourdain and got on him once on the ground where he landed some strikes. They mixed up their kicks and strikes well. It was pretty much a kickboxing bout with some takedowns. Fili scored a takedown with a minute to go in the second round, but just let him up. Fili scored two takedowns in the third round. In the end, it was Fili , who grabbed the decision win.
Jordan Espinosa vs Mark De La Rosa
Espinosa was the busier fighter in the first round by throwing shots but Rosa was doing a good job of framing while in the clich and landing elbows. Rosa was doing a nice job of controlling the center of the Octagon while walking him down. Espinosa scored a takedown in the third round and landed some significant ground and pound. Rosa managed to get back to his feet and they went back to striking.
Mariya Agapova vs. Hannah Cifers
Both girls came out swinging until Cifers clinched up with her against the fence. Agapova dropped her with a head kick, but Cifers got back to her feet. Agapova clinched with her then got on her back and locked in the rear-naked choke for the win.
Quick UFC on ESPN 10 Results
Main Card (9 p.m. ET, ESPN/ESPN+)
- Women’s flyweight bout: Cynthia Calvillo def. Jessica Eye by unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 48-47)
- Middleweight bout: Marvin Vettori def. Karl Roberson by submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:17 of Round 1
- Bantamweight bout: Charles Rosa def. Kevin Aguilar by split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Featherweight bout: Andre Fili def. Charles Jourdain by split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Bantamweight bout: Jordan Espinosa def. Mark De La Rosa by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Women’s flyweight bout: Maria Agapova def. Hannah Cifers by submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:42 of Round 1
Preliminaries (7 p.m. ET, ESPN/ESPN+)
- Lightweight bout: Merab Dvalishvili def. Gustavo Lopez by unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-25)
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Julia Avila def. Gina Mazany by TKO (punches) at :22 of Round 1
- Flyweight bout: Tyson Nam def. Zarrukh Adashev by knockout (punch) at :32 of Round 1
- Welterweight bout: Christian Aguilera def. Anthony Ivy by TKO (punches) at :59 of Round 1