UFC on ESPN 11 went down tonight (Sat. June 20, 2020) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC APEX and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Curtis Blaydes and Alexander Volkov in a heavyweight showdown.
The co-headliner saw Josh Emmett and Shane Burgos in a featherweight bout. Raquel Pennington vs. Marion Reneau in a women’s bantamweight bout, Lyman Good vs. Belal Muhammad in a welterweight showdown, and Jim Miller vs. Roosevelt Roberts in a catchweight showdown rounded out the main card.
Curtis Blaydes vs. Alexander Volkov
Blaydes scored a takedown within 10 seconds of the first round starting. Volk was able to get up, but Blaydes stayed on him. Blaydes suplexed him on his head and stayed on him. Blaydes came out in round two throwing hands then dived in for a power takedown. This was the entire fight. Complete domination by Blaydes, who broke the all-time UFC heavyweight record with most takedowns in a single fight of over 16. Volkov had no answers for this blitz of takedowns. Volkov scored a takedown to end the fourth round. In the fifth round, Blaydes got tired and went in for a takedown, but ate a kick to the face. Blaydes got the decision win.
Josh Emmett vs. Shane Burgos
Emmett looked like he hurt his left ankle or knee out the gate. Emmett was throwing some big shots and landing the majority of them, but Burgos just ate them. Burgos threw some heavy leather as well. The pace continued in the second round and it turned into a rock em sock em bout. It was essentially a punch, counterpunch, punch again type of fight. It continued into the third round. Emmett dropped him here and swarmed him with strikes before getting full guard. Burgos managed to get back to feet. Emmett dropped him with an overhand left, but Burgos got right back up. The judges gave the win to Emmett by decision.
Raquel Pennington vs. Marion Reneau
Pennington tagged her with an elbow before Marion clinched and Pennington answered with a short elbow strike in the first round. Reneau worked her over in the clinch over the rest of the fight. Raquel got hit low and yelled out. Pennington recovered and managed to throw her down where she was able to land some good shots. Pennington landed nearly double more shots in the second round than her opponent. Reneau hurt her with a flurry of elbow strikes as they traded advantage in the clinch. Reneau scored a takedown to open the third. Pennington nabbed the decision win.
Lyman Good vs. Belal Muhammad
Muhammad was doing a lot of movement in the first round that led to Good having problems with his range. Muhammad got piked in the eye in the second round. It was all striking with Good pressing forward while Muhammad was looking to counter strike and circle. Near the end of the second round, Good started to let his hands go and put together his best offense up until that point. Muhammad tripped as he was avoiding shots in the third round and they clinched up against the fence. Muhammad worked for the takedown in the third round. Belal got the decision win.
Jim Miller vs. Roosevelt Roberts
This one didn’t last long as Miller managed to score the armbar win in the first round after scoring a takedown and transitioned into mount. It was a verbal tap.
It’s certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC on ESPN 11 results below:
Quick UFC on ESPN 11 Results
Main Card (8p.m. ET, ESPN/ESPN+)
- Heavyweight bout: Curtis Blaydes def. Alexander Volkov by unanimous decision (49-46, 48-47, 48-46)
- Featherweight bout: Josh Emmett def. Shane Burgos by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Raquel Pennington def. Marion Reneau by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Welterweight bout: Belal Muhammad def. Lyman Good by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Catchweight bout: Jim Miller def. Roosevelt Roberts by submission (armbar) at 2:25 of Round 1
Preliminary Card (5p.m. ET, ESPN/ESPN+)
- Lightweight bout: Bobby Green def. Clay Guida by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Women’s strawweight bout: Tecia Torres def. Brianna Van Buren by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Middleweight bout: Marc-Andre Barriault def. Oskar Piechota by TKO (punches) at 4:50 of Round 2
- Women’s flyweight bout: Gillian Robertson def. Cortney Casey by submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:36 of Round 3
- Lightweight bout: Justin Jaynes def. Frank Camacho by TKO (punches) at :41 of Round 1
- Women’s flyweight bout: Lauren Murphy def. Roxanne Modafferi by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Lightweight bout: Austin Hubbard def. Max Rohskopf by TKO (doctor stoppage) at 5:00 of Round 2