UFC on ESPN+ 32 went down tonight (Sat. August 8, 2020) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC APEX and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Derrick Lewis and Aleksei Oleinik in a heavyweight bout.
The co-headliner saw a middleweight bout between Omari Akhmedov and Chris Weidman. Darren Stewart vs. Maki Pitolo, Yana Kunitskaya vs. Julija Stoliarenko, and Beneil Dariush vs. Scott Holtzman finished out the main card.
Derrick Lewis vs. Aleksei Oleinik
Lewis rushed out and threw a head kick then followed up with big bombs before clinching with him and scoring a takedown. Oleinik tried to scramble off his back and did to the point that he got on top. Lewis scrambled up and got on top where he landed some shots. Oleinik got side control and locked in the scarf hold choke again. The second round opened when Lewis came out and hit a flying knee strike to the body then dropped him with a big right hand. Lewis got on top of him and landed some major league hammer shots for the TKO win.
Omari Akhmedov vs. Chris Weidman
Weidman shot in for a takedown right away, but Omari side stepped him. A few minutes later, Weidman went for it again, but Omari stepped out of it and they clinched up against the fence. Finally, with about two minutes to go, Weidman scored a takedown, but Omari managed to get back to his feet. Weidman got another late round takedown. The tide turned when Omari opened the round up with a takedown and landed some shots. Weidman got back up and went for takedowns of his own. Weidman once again took him down in the third round and got his back. Weidman went for an arm triangle, but let it go. He stayed in mount. Weidman got the decision win.
Darren Stewart vs. Maki Pitolo
Pitolo scored a takedown, but Stewart caught him with a guillotine choke in round one to get the win.
Yana Kunitskaya vs. Julija Stoliarenko
They clinched up right away and traded knee strikes. Seriously, that’s all they did. Coming into the second round, they went right back to the clinch and trade shots. Julija tried to take the fight to the ground, but that didn’t work as Kunitskaya shut it down. Instead, Kunitskaya busted her up and even gave her a bloody nose just because she could before scoring a takedown of her own. Julija went for an armbar off her back, but couldn’t get it. In the third round, Kunitskaya scored a takedown but they were stood up for some reason. Kunitskaya clinched and got another takedown, but Kunitskaya let her up. Kunitskaya got the dominating unanimous decision win.
Beneil Dariush vs. Scott Holtzman
In round one, they clinched up against the fence and Dariush caught him with a knee strike to the jaw. Dariush started to land some big strikes but Scott shot in for a takedown, which was stuffed. They got back to the feet but Dariush scored a walk-off spinning back fist to the head.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC On ESPN+32 results below:
Quick UFC On ESPN+ 32 Results
Main Card (9 p.m. ET, ESPN+)
- Heavyweight bout: Derrick Lewis def. Aleksei Oleinik by TKO (punches) at :21 of Round 2
- Middleweight bout: Chris Weidman def. Omari Akhmedov by unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-28)
- Middleweight bout: Darren Stewart def. Maki Pitolo by submission (guillotine choke) at 3:41 of Round 1
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Yana Kunitskaya def. Julija Stoliarenko by unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Lightweight bout: Beneil Dariush def. Scott Holtzman by knockout (spinning back fist) at 4:38 of Round 1
Preliminary Card (6 p.m. ET, ESPN+)
- Welterweight bout: Tim Means def. Laureano Staropoli by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Middleweight bout: Kevin Holland def. Joaquin Buckley by knockout (punch) at :32 of Round 3
- Lightweight bout: Nasrat Haqparast def. Alex Munoz by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Middleweight bout: Andrew Sanchez def. Wellington Turman by knockout (punches) at 4:14 of Round 1
- Featherweight Gavin Tucker def. Justin Jaynes by submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:43 of Round 3
- Featherweight bout: Youssef Zalal def. Peter Barrett by unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Bantamweight bout: Irwin Rivera def. Ali AlQaisi by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)