UFC on ESPN+ 39 went down tonight (Sat. October 31, 2020) from the UFC APEX facility in Las Vegas, Nevada and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
The co-headliner saw a featherweight bout between Bryce Mitchell vs. Andre Fili. Kevin Holland vs. Charlie Ontiveros, Maurice Green vs. Greg Hardy, and Bobby Green vs. Thiago Moises finished out the main card.
Anderson Silva vs. Urijah Hall
Silva came out aggressive and right at Hall. Hall was popping him with jawbs as Silva was coming in. Hall did seem to bite on any movement of Silva. The second round saw Silva circling more rather than pushing forward. The third round saw them pick up the pace and trying to out faint the other. Hall dropped Silva in the third round with an overhand and swarmed him with shots on the ground although most of those shots were on the back of his head. Hall dropped him again in the fourth round and finished him off with strikes on the ground.
Bryce Mitchell vs. Andre Fili
Mitchell took him down early in round one. Fili prevented him from advancing and got up, but was taken back down a minute later. Mitchell got full mount, but Fili pushed him back to full guard, but Mitchell got right back to full mount. Fili reversed position with a minute to go and then got to his feet. Mitchell took him down a third time to end the round. Mitchell shot in for a takedown early in round two, but Fili managed to shut it down. Fili started to let his hands go in this round. Fili caught him with a flying knee and Mitchell started to back peddle. Mitchell did get a takedown in this round. Fili rocked Mitchell to end the second round. Mitchell took him down again in the third round. The judges gave the win to Mitchell.
Kevin Holland vs. Charlie Ontiveros
Ontiveros caught him with an axe kick to start, but Holland closed the distance and slammed him down to the ground. Holland worked him over with strikes from guard and side control. Ontiveros did get to his feet, but Holland dragged him back to the ground then Holland slammed him down and appeared that they clocked heads. Either way, the referee waved it off and Holland was awarded the win by verbal submission.
Maurice Green vs. Greg Hardy
Hardy caught him with a big right hand and Green went to the ground. Hardy swarmed him with strikes on the ground. Green managed to get Hardy off of him with about two minutes to go in the first round. Hardy was landing some hard leg kicks. Hardy dropped early in the second round then just pounced him with strikes until the referee pulled him off.
Bobby Green vs. Thiago Moises
The first two minutes of the first round saw them strike it out until Moises scored a takedown, but Green grappled back to his feet after avoiding a submission. Green fired off some knee strikes to the gut before separating. The second round saw Green get a trip takedown, but Moises went for a heel hook, but Green got out of it in the middle of the round and back to his feet. The third round saw Moises get a takedown and controlled him from back position, but Green was constantly moving and landing back strikes. Green got back up and the horn sounded. The judges gave the win to Moises.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC on ESPN+ 39 results below:
Quick UFC on ESPN+ 39 Results
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET)
- Middleweight bout: Uriah Hall def. Anderson Silva by TKO (punches) at 1:24 of Round 4
- Featherweight bout: Bryce Mitchell def. Andre Fili by unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Middleweight bout: Kevin Holland def. Charlie Ontiveros by verbal submission (injury) at 2:39 of Round 1
- Heavyweight bout: Greg Hardy def. Maurice Greene by TKO (punches) at 1:12 of Round 2
- Lightweight bout: Thiago Moises def. Bobby Green by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 4 p.m. ET)
- Lightweight bout: Alexander Hernandez def. Chris Gruetzemacher by TKO (punches) at 1:46 of Round 2
- Bantamweight bout: Adrian Yanez def. Victor Rodriguez by knockout (head kick) at 2:46 of Round 1
- Middleweight bout: Sean Strickland def. Jack Marshman by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27
- Welterweight bout: Jason Witt def. Cole Williams by submission (arm-triangle choke) at 2:09 of Round 2
- Light heavyweight bout: Dustin Jacoby def. Justin Ledet by TKO (strikes) at 2:38 of Round 1
- Bantamweight bout: Miles Johns def. Kevin Natividad by knockout (punch) at 2:51 of Round 3