UFC 255 went down tonight (Sat. November 21, 2020) from the UFC APEX facility in Las Vegas, Nevada and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Deiveson Figueiredo and Alex Perez in a flyweight title bout.
The co-headliner saw a women’s flyweight title bout between Valentina Shevchenko vs. Jennifer Maia. Mike Perry vs. Tim Means, Katlyn Chookagian vs. Cynthia Calvillo, and Mauricio Rua vs. Paul Craig finished out the main card.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out for MMA News’ UFC 255 results below:
Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Alex Perez
Perez was ripping off body kicks right out of the gate. Perez worked for a single leg takedown and got it. Figueiredo scrambled and locked in a guillotine choke for the win. WOW.
Valentina Shevchenko vs. Jennifer Maia
Right off the bat, Shevchenko ducked soem shots then got a headlock takedown. They spent the entire round in closed guard with Shevchenko on top. The second round saw Shevchenko get a takedown, but Maia went right back to her feet. Maia got on top after a failed throw by Shevchenko. Maia moved to full guard to do some damage. Shevchenko started to let her hands go in the third round. Shevchenko landed a big left hand before scoring a takedown. Shevchenko got a takedown out in the fourth round. That was basically the story of this fight – who could get in top position first. Maia clinched with her up against the fence to start out the firth round, but nothing came from it. Shevchenko got the decision win to retain the flyweight title.
Mike Perry vs. Tim Means
Perry was able to score a takedown and get his back to where he went for a rear-naked choke, but Means powered through it. Means reversed and scrambled to his feet. The second round saw Perry continue to move forward and always in the face of Means, who was picking his shots, but in defensive mode trying to counter strike. Perry stunned Means with a right hand and they clinched. Means had busted up Perry, but Perry was still landing some big shots. The middle of the third round saw them throw some wild punches in the phone booth until Means clinched up. They also had a wild finish of throwing leather. The judges gave the win to Means.
Katlyn Chookagian vs. Cynthia Calvillo
Calvillo went in for a takedown and Katlyn sprawled until she got back to her feet. They exchanged some nice strikes to finish out the first round. The second round was all striking. Katlyn was throwing out a ton of volume here and Calvillo couldn’t keep up as she was loading up with her strikes. Calvillo did find some better success in round three, but never considered taking it down to the ground. In the end, Katlyn got it done by unanimous decision.
Mauricio Rua vs. Paul Craig
Craige scored a takedown about a minute into the fight and landed some hammerfists until Rua got back to his feet. They clinched and Craig pulled him back to the ground. Rua got back up and was taken down quickly again. Rua reversed and got on top in half guard. It didn’t take Craig long to get a takedown in the second round, but to Rua’s credit, he got back to his feet only for Craig to pin him up against the fence only to get him back down. Craig rained down strikes and Rua tapped out from them.
Quick UFC 255 Results
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Flyweight title bout: Deiveson Figueiredo def. Alex Perez by submission (guillotine choke) at 1:57 of Round 1
- Women’s flyweight title bout: Valentina Shevchenko def. Jennifer Maia by unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-46)
- Welterweight bout: Tim Means def. Mike Perry by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Women’s flyweight bout: Katlyn Chookagian def. Cynthia Calvillo by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Light heavyweight bout: Paul Craig def. Mauricio Rua by TKO (strikes) at 3:36 of Round 2
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN2, 8 p.m. ET)
- Flyweight bout: Brandon Moreno def. Brandon Royval by TKO (punches/injury) at 4:59 of Round 1
- Middleweight bout: Joaquin Buckley def. Jordan Wright by knockout (punches) at :18 of Round 2
- Women’s flyweight bout: Antonina Shevchenko def. Ariane Lipski by TKO (punches) at 4:33 of Round 2
- Welterweight bout: Nicolas Dalby def. Daniel Rodriguez by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 6:15 p.m. ET)
- Welterweight bout: Alan Jouban def. Jared Gooden by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27
- Middleweight bout: Kyle Daukaus def. Dustin Stoltzfus by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Middleweight bout: Sasha Palatnikov def. Louis Cosce by TKO (punches) at 2:27 of Round 3