UFC 258 went down tonight (Sat. February 13, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
The co-headliner saw a bout between Maycee Barber vs. Alexa Grasso. Ian Heinisch vs. Kelvin Gastelum, Brian Kelleher vs. Ricky Simon, and Julian Marquez vs. Maki Pitolov finished out the main card.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC 258 results below:
Kamaru Usman vs. Gilbert Burns
Burns tagged him with a right hand within the first 30 seconds then again. At this point, Usman was on wobbly legs. Burns threw a head kick, but Usman blocked it and Burns fell to the mat until he got back up. Burns landed a knee strike to the jaw. The second round saw Usman use more jabs and it was effective. Usman hurt him with a big right hand then unloaded up against the fence. Burns wanted to go for a takedown, but didn’t get it. Usman continued to throw punches and landed at will. Usman dropped him to start off the third round with a right hand then pounced on him with strikes on the ground.
Maycee Barber vs. Alexa Grasso
In the early part of the first round saw them trade position in the clinch then they would trade and go back to the fence. They had a fun exchange with multiple strikes thrown. In the middle of the second round, Grasso cracked her, but allowed Barber to clinch with her. They quickly separated. Grasso had the edge in the striking department while in the clinch. Barber hurt her with a right hand, but Grasso was staying calm and collected. Barber took her down, but Grasso was kicking up. Grasso went for an armbar, but Barber got out of it. The third round featured more clinch work before Barber scored a takedown and landed a big shot. Grasso got back to her feet, but ate a knee strike to the face. Barber was letting her hands fly at this point.
Ian Heinisch vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Gastelum was working hard in the first round by wrestling and going for takedowns. Although he won the round this way, he didn’t do much damage. The second round saw Kelvin continue this approach, but Ian was doing a better job of staying on his feet and landing when in this position. Ian opened the round with a flying knee strike, but missed and Kelvin took him down. The third round saw Kelvin work for a takedown and got it again. However, Ian worked and got his back where he landed some shots. Kelvin got back to his feet and scored another takedown. Gastelum walked away with the decision win.
Brian Kelleher vs. Ricky Simon
Brian was bleeding right out of the gate after getting punched and Simon took him down. He got split open with an elbow around his eyebrow. Simon got half guard and went for an arm neck choke, but Brian got out of it. The second round saw them lean towards striking until Brian caught him with a front kick to the face before being briefly taken down by Simon. Brian scrambled towards the fence. The third round saw most of the same as Simon controlled the pace and took him down. Simon got the decision win.
Julian Marquez vs. Maki Pitolov
Maki didn’t waste any time and went right after him before they clinched. Maki took him down and got side control where he pinned him up against the fence and landed some shots. Julian got back up to his feet. Julian tagged him with a big shot to close the first round. The second round saw Julian take him down then lock in a guillotine choke, but Maki rolled out of it. Marquez came out much more aggressive in the third round and they started throwing hard shots. Julian stunned him and Maki took him down. Marquez got back to his feet and hurt him with a flurry of strikes. Maki shot in for a takedown and Marquez went for a d’arce choke and got it for a comeback win!
Quick UFC 258 Results
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Welterweight title bout: Kamaru Usman def. Gilbert Burns by TKO (punches) at :34 of Round 3 to retain the UFC Welterweight Championship
- Women’s flyweight bout: Alexa Grasso def. Maycee Barber by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Middleweight bout: Kelvin Gastelum def. Ian Heinisch by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Featherweight bout: Ricky Simon def. Brian Kelleher by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Middleweight bout: Julian Marquez def. Maki Pitolo by submission (anaconda choke) at 4:17 of Round 3
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Middleweight bout: Anthony Hernandez def. Rodolfo Vieira by submission (guillotine choke) at 1:53 of Round 2
- Welterweight bout: Belal Muhammad def. Dhiego Lima by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Women’s strawweight bout: Polyana Viana def. Mallory Martin via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 3:18
- Catchweight bout: Chris Gutierrez def. Andre Ewell by unanimous decision (30-26, 29-28, 29-27
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET)
- Welterweight bout: Gabe Green def. Phil Rowe by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)