UFC Vegas 19 went down tonight (February 20, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Curtis Blaydes vs. Derrick Lewis in a heavyweight bout.
The co-headliner saw a women’s bantamweight bout between Ketlen Vieira vs. Yana Kunitskaya. Darrick Minner vs. Charles Rosa, Chris Daukaus vs. Aleksei Oleinik, Nassourdine Imavov vs. Phil Hawes, and Andrei Arlovski vs. Tom Aspinall finished out the main card.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Vegas 19 results below:
Curtis Blaydes vs. Derrick Lewis
It was a slow start, but both guys were throwing with fire. They had an exchange with about a minute to go and Blaydes tagged him, which caused Lewis to back up and Blaydes caught him with a nice leg kick. Blaydes tagged him again then landed a flying knee strike, but Lewis covered up well. Blaydes went for a single leg takedown, but Lewis stuffed it. Lewis caught him with an uppercut and Blaydes quickly fell backwards as Lewis was throwing extra shots.
Ketlen Vieira vs. Yana Kunitskaya
Vieira avoided taking any shots before she scored a takedown and dominated the first round with control on top in half guard. The second round saw much of the same as Viera managed to take her down. However, Yana scrambled and got on top where she rained down strikes. Vieira managed to get to her feet for a minute, but Yana pulled her back down. Vieira was back up in seconds and ate a head kick for her efforts. The third round saw Vieira score a takedown and did some damage on top. At one point, she got Yana’s back. Kunitskaya got the decision win.
Darrick Minner vs. Charles Rosa
After a brief exchange, Minner took him down and got into half guard. Rosa did go for a knee bar, but couldn’t get it. Minner continued to rain down strikes. Rosa went for another knee bar, but let go of it as the second round came to a close. Minner took him down to start off the round and locked in a head/arm choke. Rosa got out of it. The third round saw Miner get a takedown, but Rosa went for a kimura only to have Minner get out of it. Minner got the decision win.
Chris Daukaus vs. Aleksei Oleinik
They went straight to the clinch. Oleinik tried to fall on top of him, but that didn’t work and got punched a few times as a result. Chris wobbled him with a right hand. Chris unloaded on him a few seconds later up against the fence and that was a wrap.
Nassourdine Imavov vs. Phil Hawes
Hawes came out swinging then was quick to clinch with him up against the fence. Hawes got a takedown with about a minute to go, but Imavov got back to his feet only to be taken back down. Hawes moved to half guard and rained down strikes. The second round featured Hawes clinched and eventually got a takedown. Imavov wasn’t doing much, but trying his best to stay on his feet. Hawes just gave him no breathing room to do anything. Hawes got another takedown then moved into half guard. Imavov was landing elbows from the bottom. Imavov came out and stunned him with a few shots before Hawes clinched up with him, but was grabbed the fence. Imavov continued to swing and Hawes nearly fell over. The judges gave the win to Hawes by majority decision.
Andrei Arlovski vs. Tom Aspinall
Aspinall tagged him within two minutes of the fight then unloaded several strikes to the head and body to Andrei, who somehow survived, but had a broken nose as a result. Tom clinched with him in the second round then took his back and got the rear-naked choke for the win.
Quick UFC Vegas 19 Results
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Heavyweight bout: Derrick Lewis def. Curtis Blaydes by knockout (punch) at 1:26 of Round 2
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Yana Kunitskaya def. Ketlen Vieira by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Featherweight bout: Darrick Minner def. Charles Rosa by unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 29-27)
- Heavyweight bout: Chris Daukaus def. Aleksei Oleinik by TKO (punches) at 1:55 of Round 1
- Middleweight bout: Phil Hawes def. Nassourdine Imavov by majority decision (28-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Heavyweight bout: Tom Aspinall def. Andrei Arlovski by submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:09 of Round 2
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 5 p.m. ET)
- Catchweight bout: Jared Gordon def. Danny Chavez via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Bantamweight bout: John Castaneda def. Eddie Wineland by TKO (punches) at 4:44 of Round 1
- Featherweight bout: Julian Erosa def. Nate Landwehr by TKO (strikes) at :56 of Round 1
- Women’s flyweight bout: Casey O’Neill def. Shana Dobson by TKO (punches) at 3:41 of Round 2
- Featherweight bout: Jamall Emmers vs. Chas Skelly – the fight was nixed as Emmers suffered back spasm
- Catchweight bout: Aiemann Zahabi def. Drako Rodriguez by knockout (punches) at 3:05 of Round 1
- Heavyweight bout: Serghei Spivac def. Jared Vanderaa by TKO (punches) at 4:32 of Round 2