UFC 260 went down tonight (Sat. March 27, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou in a heavyweight title bout.
The co-headliner saw a bout between Tyron Woodley and Vicente Luque. Sean O’Malley vs. Thomas Almeida, Gillian Robertson vs. Miranda Maverick, and Khama Worthy vs. Jamie Mullarkey finished out the main card.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC 260 results below:
Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou
Ngannou was throwing leg kicks early as he walked down the champion. Ngannou tagged him with an overhand right and Stipe just ate it. Stipe went for a single leg takedown, but Ngannou stuffed it and got on top of Stipe where he rained down strikes, but Stipe got back to his feet. Ngannou cracked him with a head kick. Ngannou rocked him with a left jab then chased him and landed some follow up shots. Stipe fired back with his own shot so he stepped up and Ngannou knocked him out clean with an answer shot.
Tyron Woodley vs. Vicente Luque
Woodley came out quick to clinch with him up against the fence. They separated and Woodley tagged him then unloaded with him, but Luque fired back with his own shots and was wobbly. Woodley tagged him and they just started swinging. Luque got him with a left hook as Woodley shot in for a takedown, but failed in doing so. Luque got him in a d’arce choke and tapped him out.
Sean O’Malley vs. Thomas Almeida
O’Malley with a big head kick right on the button then dropped him with a follow-up shot and Sean thought it was over, but it wasn’t. Sean pounced on him with strikes. Almeida got a brief takedown, but Sean popped right back up. Almeida managed to recover and in the second round, put a focus on throwing leg kicks, which did some damage. Sean followed up with his own. In the third round, Sean tagged him with a left hook then landed a devastating right hand while Thomas was on the ground for the win.
Gillian Robertson vs. Miranda Maverick
Both ladies came out throwing a lot of strikes and kicks in a quick paced first round. Maverick got a takedown with two minutes to go and got into half guard. Gillian was able to scramble to her feet seconds later. Maverick scored another takedown to close out the round. The start of the second round saw Gillian get a takedown and had her back at one point. Gillian worked her over with strikes and got her back for a second time. Maverick was doing a very nice job of always moving and trying various transitions. Maverick tagged her with a left hand and got a takedown where she worked over with strikes on the ground. Gillian transitioned and got the back of Maverick. They had some grappling exchanges. Maverick got the decision win.
Khama Worthy vs. Jamie Mullarkey
Not even a minute into the first round, Mullarkey tagged him with a left hook that dropped Worthy then finished him on the ground with strikes.
Quick UFC 260 Results
Main card (ESPN+ PPV/ 8 p.m. ET)
- Heavyweight title bout: Francis Ngannou def. Stipe Miocic by knockout (punch) at :52 of Round 2 to win the title
- Welterweight bout: Vicente Luque def. Tyron Woodley by submission (D’Arce choke) at 3:56 of Round 1
- Bantamweight bout: Sean O’Malley def. Thomas Almeida by knockout (punch) at 3:52 of Round 3
- Women’s flyweight bout: Miranda Maverick def. Gillian Robertson by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Lightweight bout: Jamie Mullarkey def. Khama Worthy by knockout (punches) at :46 of Round 1
Preliminary card (ESPN/ 8 p.m. ET)
- Light heavyweight bout: Alonzo Menifield def. Fabio Cherant by submission (Von Flue choke) at 1:11 of Round 1
- Welterweight bout: Abubakar Nurmagomedov def. Jared Gooden by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Light heavyweight bout: Michal Oleksiejczuk def. Modestas Bukauskas via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Featherweight bout: Omar Morales def. Shane Young by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Early Prelims (ESPN+/ 7:30 p.m. ET)
- Middleweight bout: Marc-Andre Barriault def. Abu Azaitar by TKO (punches) at 4:56 of Round 3