UFC Vegas 22 went down tonight (Sat. March 20, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Kevin Holland and Derek Brunson in a middleweight bout.
The co-headliner was supposed to be a bout between Gregor Gillespie and Brad Riddell, but that got nixed thanks to COVID-19. Tai Tuivasa vs. Don’Tale Mayes, Adrian Yanez vs. Gustavo Lopez, Song Kenan vs. Max Griffin, and Cheyenne Buys vs. Montserrat Canejo finished out the main card.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Vegas 22 results below:
Kevin Holland vs. Derek Brunson
Holland threw a punch and fell to the ground so Brunson got on top in full guard as a result to open the fight. Holland was talking to him while on his back. With just seconds left, Holland managed to get back to his feet. The second round saw Holland drop him with a flurry of strikes and follow up, but Brunson got back to his feet then unloaded with his own strikes. Brunson clinched with him against the fence and got a takedown. Brunson locked in an arm-triangle choke, but let it go. Holland got back to his feet with about a minute to go. Brunson scored another takedown. Brunson got a takedown to start the third round, but was visibly tired. Holland tagged him with some shots in the fourth round. However, Brunson got a takedown. Brunson got the win.
Song Kenan vs. Max Griffin
Both guys came out swinging until Griffin clinched with him up against the fence and then they separated. Song was throwing a lot of head kicks. Griffin caught him with a right hand and followed up with planting strike.
Cheyenne Buys vs. Montserrat Canejo
Canejo scored a takedown in the first round and got into side control where she put her in a headlock and rained down strikes. She took her back to end the round. Buys let her hands go with a flurry of strikes to start the second round. Canejo got another takedown and once again in side control with a headlock. Buys got back up to her feet, but only to be dragged back down to the ground. More of the same from Canejo in the third round. Canejo walks away with the win.
Adrian Yanez vs. Gustavo Lopez
A very slow paced first round. Lopez couldn’t figure out the range, but was doing a lot of bouncing. At the end of the round, Yanez started to tag him with shots. The second round saw Yanez drop him, but Lopez got right back to his feet and shot in for a takedown, but Yanez stepped out of it. Lopez was bleeding from his nose. The third round saw Lopez drop him with one right hand and that was it.
Tai Tuivasa vs. Don’Tale Mayes
Tai tagged him then knocked him down and finished it on the ground with strikes. Just. Like. That!
Quick UFC Vegas 22 Results
Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 10 PM ET)
- Middleweight bout: Derek Brunson def. Kevin Holland by unanimous decision (49-45, 49-46, 49-46)
- Welterweight bout: Max Griffin def. Song Kenan by knockout (punches) at 2:20 of Round 1
- Featherweight bout: Montserrat Conejo def. Cheyanne Buys by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
- Bantamweight bout: Adrian Yanez def. Gustavo Lopez by knockout (punch) at :27 of Round 3
- Heavyweight bout: Tai Tuivasa def. Harry Hunsucker by TKO (punches) at :49 of Round 1
Preliminary Card (ESPN2/ESPN+, 7 PM ET)
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Macy Chiasson def. Marion Reneau by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Lightweight bout: Grant Dawson def. Leonardo Santos by knockout (punches) at 4:59 of Round 3
- Middleweight bout: Trevin Giles def. Roman Dolidze by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Bantamweight bout: Montel Jackson def. Jesse Strader by TKO (punches) at 1:58 of Round 1
- Flyweight bout: Bruno Silva def. JP Buys by TKO (punches) at 2:56 of Round 2