UFC Vegas 25 went down tonight (May 1, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Dominick Reyes and Jiri Prochazka in a bout.
The co-headliner saw a bout between Giga Chikadze and Cub Swanson. Ion Cutelaba vs. Dustin Jacoby in a light heavyweight bout, Krzysztof Jotko vs. Sean Strickland in a middleweight bout, and Merab Dvalishvili vs. Cody Stamann in a bantamweight fight finished out the main card.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Vegas 25 results below:
Dominick Reyes vs. Jiri Prochazka
Jiri rocked him with a right hand in the first two minutes. Reyes got a trip takedown moments after recovering. Jiri scrambled back to his feet quickly. Jiri threw a combo and hurt Reyes. Jiri pounced on him with strikes. Reyes tagged him with back to back right hooks. Reyes continued to throw even though he was getting punched in the face. Jiri landed a big straight right hand that hurt Reyes in the second round. Reyes caught him with a back fist while Jiri landed a head kick straight right hand combo. Reyes wobbled Jiri with a strike and Jiri went for a takedown, but Reyes caught him in a guillotine choke. Reyes got out of it and was on top. Jiri got up and they started swinging. Jiri landed a spinning back elbow for the KO win!
Giga Chikadze vs. Cub Swanson
Chikadze landed a kick to the liver of Swanson and folded Cub then swarmed him on the ground with strikes.
Ion Cutelaba vs. Dustin Jacoby
Ion dominated the first round with 8 takedowns. The tide changed a bit in the second round as Jacoby started to land and did a better job at his takedown defense. They kept a great pace and put on a worthy performance. Jokto didn’t slow down and was dishing out the damage in the third, but Ion was throwing just as much. It ended in a split draw.
Krzysztof Jotko vs. Sean Strickland
Sean tagged him with a flurry and Jotko was on the bicycle. Sean continued the pace and was always moving forward. Jotko threw hands and landed at times but never seemed to give him a dangerous threat, but rather a tough challenge. Strickland got the decision win.
Merab Dvalishvili vs. Cody Stamann
Merab got a takedown about a minute into the fight and pinned him up against the fence, but Cody managed to get himself up. They finished out the round striking. Merab did get a brief takedown to open the second round, but Cody got right back up and went back to throwing leather. Merab grabbed him by the neck and dragged him to the ground later on. Dvalishvili went for a guillotine as Stamann shot in, but gave up as Cody made his way back up. Merab got a late round takedown. The third round saw Cody do a better job with managing his takedown defense, but it wasn’t enough as Merab walked out with a decision win.
Quick UFC Vegas 25 Results
Main Card (10 PM ET, ESPN2/ESPN+)
- Light heavyweight bout: Jiri Prochazka def. Dominick Reyes by knockout (spinning elbow) at 4:29 of Round 2
- Featherweight bout: Giga Chikadze def. Cub Swanson by TKO (strikes) at 1:03 of Round 1
- Light heavyweight bout: Ion Cutelaba vs. Dustin Jacoby ends in a split draw (28-29, 29-28, 28-28)
- Middleweight bout: Sean Strickland def. Krzysztof Jotko by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Bantamweight bout: Merab Dvalishvili def. Cody Stamann by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
Preliminary Card (7 PM ET, ESPN2/ESPN+)
- Women’s strawweight bout: Luana Carolina def. Poliana Botelho by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Featherweight bout: Luana Pinheiro def. Randa Markos by disqualification (illegal upkick) at 4:16 of Round 1
- Featherweight bout: TJ Brown def. Kai Kamaka by split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)
- Women’s strawweight bout: Loma Lookboonmee def. Sam Hughes by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Middleweight bout: Andreas Michailidis def. KB Bhullar by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Featherweight bout: Felipe Colares def. Luke Sanders by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)