The UFC Vegas 26 medical suspensions list has been released, and three fighters are facing a long layoff.
At UFC Vegas 26, Marina Rodriguez defeated Michelle Waterson in the main event via unanimous decision. Rodriguez’s jaw was visibly swollen later in the fight, but there was no breakage, and she will be cleared to compete next month, as will her opponent, Michelle Waterson.
In the co-main event, Alex Morono defeated Donald Cerrone in what many thought could be Cowboy’s last ride. We now know that he will have at least one more fight at lightweight, and seeing as how he is not facing a long suspension, Cerrone and the UFC can begin exploring potential opponents whenever they’re ready. As for Morono, he is not facing any suspension at all.
Three fighters are facing a long layoff, however, that being Maurice Greene, Mike Trizano, and Carlston Harris, who will each be out for six months without medical clearance.
Here is the full list of medical suspensions from UFC Vegas 26 via mixedmartialarts.com.
UFC Vegas 26 Medical Suspensions List
Marina Rodriguez defeated Michelle Waterson by unanimous decision
- Rodriguez suspended until 6/8/21, no contact until 5/30/21 – Swollen right jaw
- Waterson suspended until 6/8/21, no contact until 5/30/21
Alex Morono defeated Donald Cerrone by TKO
- Cerrone suspended until 6/23/21, no contact until 6/8/21
- Morono not facing suspension
Neil Magny defeated Geoff Neal by unanimous decision
- Magny suspended until 5/30/21, no contact until 5/23/21 – Small hematoma under left eye
- Neal not facing suspension
Marcos Rogerio De Lima defeated Maurice Greene by unanimous decision
- Greene must have MRI of right knee, if positive must have Orthopedic Dr. clearance or no contests until 11/5/21, minimum suspension no contest until 6/8/21, no contact until 5/30/21
- De Lima not facing suspension
Gregor Gillespie defeated Diego Ferreira by TKO (Round 2, 4:51)
- Ferreira suspended until 6/23/21, no contact until 6/8/21
- Gillespie not facing suspension
Phil Hawes defeated Kyle Daukaus by unanimous decision
- Hawes suspended until 5/30/21, no contact until 5/23/21
- Daukaus suspended until 7/8/21, no contact until 6/23/21 – Laceration left eyebrow
Mike Trizano defeated Ludovit Klein by unanimous decision
- Trizano must have X-ray of right hand, right knee, and right ankle, if positive must have Orthopedic Dr. clearance or no contest until 11/5/21
- Klein suspended until 6/8/21, no contact until 5/30/21 – Hematoma under left eye
Jun Yong Park defeated Tafon Nchukwi by majority decision
- Nchukwi suspended until 7/8/21, no contact until 6/23/21 – Lacerations under both eyebrows
- Park not facing suspension
Carlston Harris defeated Christian Aguilera by submission
- Harris must have X-ray of left ribs, if positive must have Dr. clearance or no contest until 11/5/21
- Aguilera not facing suspension
Keep it locked right here on MMANews.com for all the news and updates happening around the world of mixed martial arts!