The details for Saturday night’s Tribute to the Kings boxing match has been revealed.
At Jalisco Stadium in Guadalajara, Mexico, Anderson Silva will face Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in a highly-anticipated bout. However, when the fight was made many were wondering what weight they would be competing at due to the fact there is a size discrepancy, but MMAJunkie has obtained the ruleset of the match.
The bout between Silva and Chavez Jr. will take place at 180-pounds. They will fight eight three-minute rounds and they will fight with 10-ounce gloves.
In the main event, Anderson Silva will have his first fight since being released from the UFC. Chavez Jr., meanwhile, is the former WBC middleweight champion and has fought the likes of Canelo Alvarez and Daniel Jacobs among others. Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. will also make his return to the ring in an exhibition bout in the co-main event.
The event will air live on pay-per-view at 9 p.m. eastern and is streamed on Fite TV among other PPV broadcasts.
The full Silva-Chavez Jr. card is as follows:
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs. Anderson Silva, 8 rounds, light heavyweight
- Julio Cesar Chavez Sr vs. Hector Camacho Jr (exhibition)
- Omar Chavez vs. Ramon Alvarez, 10 rounds, middleweight
- Damian Sosa vs. Abel Mina, 10 rounds, super welterweight – for WBO NABO super welterweight title
- Kevin Torres vs. Jorge Luis Melendez, 8 rounds, junior welterweight
- Jesus Acosta Ayala vs. Leonardo Padilla, 8 rounds, super featherweight
- Cesar Gutierrez Flores vs. Oscar Mejia, 8 rounds, featherweight
- Mario Alberto Ramirez vs. Pedro Castro, 8 rounds, super featherweight
- Jose Luis Vazquez Hernandez vs. Jonathan Luis Perez Zuniga, 8 rounds, featherweight
- Erik Inzunza vs. Carlos Daniel Acosta, 6 rounds, super featherweight
- Brian Barragan Rico vs. Ruben Estrella, 6 rounds, light flyweight
- Karen Rubio vs. Estefany Alegria, 4 rounds, bantamweight
Will you be watching Anderson Silva vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on Saturday?