UFC Vegas 28 went down tonight (Saturday, June 5, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Jairzinho Rozenstruik and Augusto Sakai in a heavyweight bout.
The co-headliner saw a heavyweight bout between Walt Harris and Marcin Tybura. Roman Dolidze vs. Laureano Staropoli, Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Miguel Baeza, Dusko Todorovic vs. Gregory Rodrigues, and Tom Breese vs. Antonio Arroyo finished out the main card.
Quick UFC Vegas 28 Results
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Vegas 28 results below:
Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Augusto Sakai
They had a feeling out process for the majority of the first round with a lot of leg kicks thrown. Out of nowhere, with just 1 second left, Rozenstruik clipped him with a big left hook then right hand that dropped Sakai. Rozenstruik finished him on the ground with strikes for the win!
Walt Harris vs. Marcin Tybura
Walt stunned him about a minute into the fight then unloaded on him with strikes up against the fence. Tybura recovered, but Walt continued to push forward. Walt hurt him with a straight right, but Tybura managed to score a brief takedown. Walt got right back to his feet. Moments later, Tybura scored another takedown. Tybura took his back and rained down strikes from mount for the TKO win.
Roman Dolidze vs. Laureano Staropoli
Roman clinched with him early in the first round, but didn’t do much damage. Instead, he kept him on the fence and they walked around. The second round saw Roman go right back to this gameplan and they stayed there. He did get some takedowns, but couldn’t keep him there. Staropoli did land when he threw, but didn’t have many chances to do so. More of the same in the third as Roman did get a takedown, but Staropoli turned and stood up. Roman got the decision win.
Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Miguel Baeza
The first two rounds saw them have a really fun striking affair with Baeza and Santiago put on a close fight. Baeza was doing a lot of damage with his leg kicks. Santiago had a cut under his left eye while Baeza’s nose was pretty damaged. The third round saw Santiago come forward and was landing jabs at will. Santiago tagged him with a left hook then followed up with combos. They swing for the fences to end the fight, which could be FOTY contender. Santiago got the decision win.
Dusko Todorovic vs. Gregory Rodrigues
Dusko came out aggressive and clinched with him up against the fence. Gregory shutdown a takedown attempt and they separated. Gregory was landing some good shots and his jab was connecting nearly every time. Gregory continued to take the fight in the second round with his striking. The third round was the same. A solid performance by Gregory, who got the decision win.
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET)
- Heavyweight bout: Jairzinho Rozenstruik def. Augusto Sakai by TKO (punches) at 4:59 of Round 1
- Heavyweight bout: Marcin Tybura def. Walt Harris by TKO (punches) at 4:06 of Round 1
- Middleweight bout: Roman Dolidze def. Laureano Staropoli by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Welterweight bout: Santiago Ponzinibbio def. Miguel Baeza by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Middleweight bout: Gregory Rodrigues def. Dusko Todorovic by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Middleweight bout: Tom Breese vs. Antonio Arroyo – fight nixed due to Breeze having an “undisclosed medical issue”
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 4 p.m. ET)
- Women’s flyweight bout: Montana De La Rosa def. Ariane Lipski by TKO (strikes) at 4:27 of Round 2
- Heavyweight bout: Ilir Latifi def. Tanner Boser by split decision (29-28, 27-29, 29-28)
- Muslim Salikhov def. Francisco Trinaldo by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Featherweight bout: Kamuela Kirk def. Makwan Amirkhani by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Lightweight bout: Alan Patrick vs. Mason Jones ruled a no contest due to an accidental eye poke at 2:14 of Round 2
- Women’s flyweight bout: Manon Fiorot def. Tabatha Ricci by TKO (punches) at 3:00 of Round 2
- Featherweight bout: Sean Woodson def. Youssef Zalal by split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Lightweight bout: Claudio Puelles def. Jordan Leavitt by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)