UFC Vegas 30 went down tonight (Sat. June 26, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Ciryl Gane and Alexander Volkov in a heavyweight bout.
The co-headliner saw a heavyweight bout between Tanner Boser and Ovince Saint Preux. Rounding out the main card was Raoni Barcelos vs. Timur Valiev in a bantamweight contest, Andre Fili vs. Daniel Pineda in a featherweight fight, Tim Means vs. Nicolas Dalby in a welterweight bout, and Renato Moicano vs. Jai Herbert in a lightweight bout.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Vegas 30 results below:
Ciryl Gane vs. Alexander Volkov
Volkov was stalking him in the first round. Gane was landing leg kicks and Volkov had a big bruise on his left leg. Gane was doing a nice job of landing jabs. Volkov increased his leg kicks. In the second round, Gane landed a hard knee strike to the gut. Volkov became tentative to come in. Volkov did land a good left hook. Gane slipped and fell down in the third round, but didn’t take much damage. Gane briefly clinched with him up against the fence then threw a wild knee strike. Volkov did land a nice right hook in the fourth round. They continued to strike throughout the fight. Gane was awarded the decision win.
Tanner Boser vs. Ovince Saint Preux
Boser was landing some good leg kicks early and OSP was firing back. Not a ton of action. OSP scored a takedown in the second round, but Boser used the fence to pull himself up. Boser landed a knee strike then dropped him with strikes and that was a wrap.
Raoni Barcelos vs. Timur Valiev
Raoni dropped him with a counter strike in the first round, but couldn’t finish him. They mostly threw leather although Raoni did go for some takedowns throughout the fight. Raoni stunned him in the third round with a left hook, but Timur did a good job of staying away and not letting Raoni follow up. The majority decision win went to Valiev.
Andre Fili vs. Daniel Pineda
Fili stunned him with a flurry of strikes, but Pineda survived and went for a takedown. Fili stuffed it and Pineda clinched with him. Fili stunned him with more strikes then hit a head kick, but Pineda didn’t go down. Fili dropped him with just seconds late in the round and rained down some strikes, but Pineda closed his guard to survive. Pineda came out aggressive in the second round. There was an eye poke and Pineda couldn’t open his left eye so they stopped the fight. It was ruled a no contest.
Tim Means vs. Nicolas Dalby
Both guys came out swinging. Means clinched with him and tossed him to the ground where he got full guard. Dalby got back to his feet, but Means went right back to the clinch. Dalby had a cut over his right eye. Means sat him down with a 1-2, but Dalby got back to his feet and Means clinched with him. Dalby was breathing heavily. Means started to load up with his shots in round two. Means put him up against the fence and landed some elbow shots. Means took him down to end the round. Dalby rocked him to open the third round with a right hand before Means clinched with him. Means got the decision win.
Renato Moicano vs. Jai Herbert
Moicano opened the first round with an instant bodylock takedown. From top position, Moicano rained down strikes. Herbert managed to get back to his feet later in the round and they went back to striking. Renato took back down to the ground and got on top to end the first round. The second round saw Renato continue to get takedowns although Herbert was trying to do his best to stay up. Renato landed a series of strikes at the end of the second round and got the rear-naked choke for the win.
Quick UFC Vegas 30 Results
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 4 p.m. ET)
- Heavyweight bout: Ciryl Gane def. Alexander Volkov by unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 49-46)
- Bantamweight bout: Timur Valiev def. Raoni Barcelos by majority decision (28-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Featherweight bout: Andre Fili vs. Daniel Pineda declared a no contest (accidental eye poke) at :46 of Round 2
- Welterweight bout: Tim Means def. Nicolas Dalby by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Lightweight bout: Renato Moicano def. Jai Herbert by submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:34 of Round 2
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 1 p.m. ET)
- Light heavyweight bout: Kennedy Nzechukwu def. Danilo Marques by TKO (punches) at :20 of Round 3
- Welterweight bout: Shavkat Rakhmonov def. Michel Prazeres by submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:10 of Round 2
- Welterweight bout: Jeremiah Wells def. Warlley Alves by knockout (punches) at :30 of Round 2
- Light heavyweight bout: Marcin Prachnio def. Ike Villanueva by TKO (body kick) at :56 of Round 2
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Julia Avila def. Julija Stoliarenko by submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:19 of Round 3
- Featherweight bout: Charles Rosa def. Justin Jaynes by split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
- Lightweight bout: Damir Hadzovic def. Yancy Medeiros by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)