UFC 264 went down tonight (Sat. July 10, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the T-Mobile Arena and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor in a lightweight bout.
Their first fight came back at the UFC 178 pay-per-view event, which saw McGregor score a TKO win in the first round back in September 2014. Their second fight took place at the UFC 264 pay-per-view event that featured Poirier getting a TKO win in the second round.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC 264 results below:
Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor
Conor came out throwing spinning back kicks. Conor was throwing a lot more kicks and was aggressive. Poirier stunned him a few times. Poirier pressed him up against the fence and Conor went for a guillotine choke, but Dustin got out of it. Dustin rained down elbow strikes. McGregor broke his ankle and fell down. The first round ended and the fight is over. Poirier was awarded the doctor stoppage win.
Gilbert Burns vs. Stephen Thompson
Burns came out and they clinched. Burns scored a single leg takedown then got into top position to work him over with strikes. Thompson got back to his feet as the fans booed. Thompson connected with a spinning back kick in the middle of the second round and Burns fired back with a right hand. Thompson had some success with side kicks. Burns did go for a takedown, but it was stuffed. Moments later, Burns got it. Thompson rocked him in the middle of the third round before Burns fired back. Burns shot in for a takedown and got it. Burns rained down strikes. Burns walked away with the decision win.
Greg Hardy vs. Tai Tuivasa
This one didn’t last long. Hardy tagged him then charged in and got clipped with a left hook. Tuivasa followed up with some shots on the ground.
Irene Aldana vs. Yana Kunitskaya
Yana was bleeding from her nose early on in the fight. They did some brief clinching up against the fence. Irene dropped her with a left hook then pounced on her from top position with follow-up strikes for the win.
Kris Moutinho vs. Sean O’Malley
Kris came out aggressive and was walking him down. O’Malley was showboating early and tagging him. O’Malley dropped him with a left hand then unloaded with strikes once Kris got back to his feet. Kris never backed down and even landed some decent shots. O’Malley dropped him to end the first round. Kris was still walking forward and just eating all sorts of shots. O’Malley was breathing heavily to end the second round. Kris never got tired. Sean tried to finish the fight in the third round, but Kris didn’t go anywhere and was firing right back. Tough kid. O’Malley tied off on him and Herb Dean stepped in. It was a mercy intervention.
Quick UFC 264 Results
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Lightweight bout: Dustin Poirier def. Conor McGregor by TKO (doctor stoppage- injury) at 5:00 of Round 1
- Welterweight bout: Gilbert Burns def. Stephen Thompson by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Heavyweight bout: Tai Tuivasa def. Greg Hardy by knockout (punches) at 1:07 of Round 1
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Irene Aldana def. Yana Kunitskaya by TKO (punches) at 4:35 of Round 1
- Bantamweight bout: Sean O’Malley def. Kris Moutinho by TKO (punches) at 4:33 of Round 3
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Welterweight bout: Max Griffin def. Carlos Condit by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Welterweight bout: Michel Pereira def. Niko Price by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Featherweight bout: Dricus Du Plessis def. Trevin Giles by knockout (punches) at 1:41 of Round 2
- Middleweight bout: Ilia Topuria def. Ryan Hall by knockout (punches) at 4:47 of Round 1
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, ESPN+, 6 p.m. ET)
- Women’s flyweight bout: Jennifer Maia def. Jessica Eye by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Middleweight bout: Brad Tavares def. Omari Akhmedov by split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Flyweight bout: Zhalgas Zhumagulov def. Jerome Rivera by submission (guillotine choke) at 2:02 of Round 1
- Middleweight bout: Zhalgas Zhumagulov def. Jerome Rivera by submission (guillotine choke) at 2:02 of Round 1