UFC Vegas 31 went down tonight (Sat. July 17, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
Islam Makhachev vs. Thiago Moises in a lightweight bout headlined the show.
In the co-main event, Marion Reneau vs. Miesha Tate in a women’s bantamweight bout took place. Rounding out the main card was Mateusz Gamrot vs. Jeremy Stephens in a lightweight fight, Dustin Stoltzfus vs. Rodolfo Vieira in a middleweight bout, and Billy Quarantillo vs. Gabriel Benitez in a featherweight fight.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Vegas 31 results below:
Islam Makhachev vs. Thiago Moises
They did some striking before clinching up against the fence in the first round. Makhachev scored a takedown with one minute to go. Makhachev was throwing hands and working the body well in the second round. Moises scored a takedown here, but Makhachev scrambled and took his back where he did some damage. Makhachev event got full mount towards the end of the round. Moises clinched with him up against the fence on the outside. Makhachev got a takedown in the third round, but Moises went for a heel hook. In the fourth, Makhachev got the rear-naked choke win.
Marion Reneau vs. Miesha Tate
Tate was walking her down in the first round and throwing hands. Tate wobbled her with a left hand. Tate shot in for a takedown but they ended up clinching. Tate tagged her with a right hand then they had a wild exchange and Tate scored a takedown with a minute to go. The second round saw Reneau back peddle as Tate moved forward. Tate went for a takedown and despite Reneau grabbing the cage, Tate got it. Tate did some damage on the ground. In the third round, Tate got a takedown then took her back and finished her with strikes.
Mateusz Gamrot vs. Jeremy Stephens
Gamot came out and shot in for a takedown right away. Gamot went for a kimura and got it!
Dustin Stoltzfus vs. Rodolfo Vieira
Vieira and Dustin had a wild back and forth slugfest in the first round. Vieira scored a takedown right out of the gate in the second round. Dustin got back to his feet and they went back to striking. In the third round, Vieira got the rear-naked choke win.
Billy Quarantillo vs. Gabriel Benitez
Billy knocked him down with a big right hand then swarmed him with strikes on the ground. Billy took his back and kept landing strikes, which cut open his opponent on the eyebrow. Gabriel eventually transitioned to top position in full guard before he got back to his feet. Billy got another takedown then went for a leg lock. Billy continued in the second round with constant pressure and takedown attempts. Benitez did a nice job of staying on his feet or not being on the ground for long in this round. Billy was cracking him to end the round. Gabriel tagged him to start the third round. Billy took him down and got back control. The fight was stopped due to punches from Billy.
Quick UFC Vegas 31 Results
MAIN CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, 10 p.m. ET)
- Lightweight bout: Islam Makhachev def. Thiago Moises by submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:38 of Round 4
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Miesha Tate def. Marion Reneau by TKO (punches) at 1:53 of Round 3
- Lightweight bout: Mateusz Gamrot def. Jeremy Stephens by submission (kimura) at 1:05 of Round 1
- Middleweight bout: Rodolfo Vieira def. Dustin Stoltzfus by submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:54 of Round 3
- Featherweight bout: Billy Quarantillo def. Gabriel Benitez by TKO (punches) at 3:40 of Round 3
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET)
- Welterweight bout: Daniel Rodriguez def. Preston Parsons by TKO (punches) at 3:47 of Round 1
- Women’s strawweight bout: Amanda Lemos def. Montserrat Conejo by knockout (punches) at :35 of Round 1
- Bantamweight bout: Sergey Morozov def. Khalid Taha by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Flyweight bout: Malcolm Gordon def. Francisco Figueiredo by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Heavyweight bout: Rodrigo Nascimento def. Alan Baudot by TKO (punches) at 1:29 of Round 2