UFC Vegas 33 went down tonight (Sat. July 31, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Uriah Hall and Sean Strickland in a bout.
The co-headliner was supposed to see a bout between Kyung Ho Kang and Rani Yahya, but that fight got nixed due to Yahya testing positive for COVID. Cheyanne Buys vs. Gloria de Paula, Niklas Stolze vs. Mounir Lazzez, Ryan Benoit vs. Zarrukh Adashev, and Bryan Barberena vs. Jason Witt finishes out the main card.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Vegas 33 results below:
Uriah Hall vs. Sean Strickland
Strickland came out strong and was tagging him. Strickland dedicated the pace in the first round. In the second round, Strickland hurt him again with strikes up against the fence. Hall started to let his hands go in the latter part of the second round. In the third round, Strickland scored a takedown and Hall seemed dazed. Sean landed some strikes until Hall got back to his feet. Sean managed to take him down once more. Sean took his back to end the third round. In the fourth round, Strickland tagged him a few times late then went for a takedown. Hall went hard in the fight round, but it wasn’t enough. This was all Strickland.
You can catch the highlights from the main event right here!
Cheyanne Buys vs. Gloria de Paula
Buys scored a takedown right out of the gate. Back on their feet, Buys hit a head kick then finished her on the ground.
Niklas Stolze vs. Jared Gooden
This one didn’t last long. Gooden caught him with a straight hand and that was a wrap.
Collin Anglin vs. Melsik Baghdasaryan
Melsik came out fast and threw hands before they clinched up against the fence. In the second round, Melsik caught him with a head kick for the win.
Bryan Barberena vs. Jason Witt
Witt took him down and stayed on him for the majority of the first round while raining down strikes. Bryan got back to his feet with about a minute to go and tagged him. In the second round, Witt got tagged, but decided to take him down to prevent further damage. Bryan got back up, but got dropped by a major league right hand. Witt went for a guillotine choke, but couldn’t get it. They got back to the feet only for Witt to take him back down. Bryan stunned him in the third round and tried to finish him, but Witt stayed tough. Witt took him down a few times. Bryan tagged him on the ground then they had a wild exchange. Witt got the decision win.
Quick UFC Vegas 33 Results
Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+ at 9 p.m. ET)
- Middleweight bout: Sean Strickland def. Uriah Hall by unanimous decision (50-44, 50-45, 49-46)
- Women’s strawweight bout: Cheyanne Buys def. Gloria de Paula by TKO (head kick & punches) at 1:00 of Round 1
- Welterweight bout: Jared Gooden def. Niklas Stolze by TKO (punches) at 1:08 of Round 1
- Featherweight bout: Melsik Baghdasaryan def. Collin Anglin by TKO (head kick & punches) at 1:50 of Round 2
- Featherweight bout: Jason Witt def. Bryan Barberena by majority decision (28-28, 29-27, 29-28)
Prelims (ESPN/ESPN+ at 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Lightweight bout: Chris Gruetzemacher def. Rafa Garcia by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Featherweight bout: Danny Chavez vs. Kai Kamaka ends in a majority draw (27-29, 28-28, 28-28)
- Jinh Yu Frey def. Ashley Yoder by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Flyweight bout: Zarrukh Adashev def. Ryan Benoit by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Welterweight bout: Phil Rowe def. Orion Cosce by TKO (punches) at 4:21 of round 2