UFC Vegas 34 went down tonight (Sat. August 21 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
Kelvin Gastelum vs. Jared Cannonier in a middleweight bout headlined the show.
In the co-main event, Clay Guida vs. Mark O. Madsen in a lightweight bout took place. Rounding out the main card was Chase Sherman vs. Parker Porter in a heavyweight fight, Vinc Pichel vs. Austin Hubbard in a lightweight bout, Alexandre Pantoja vs. Brandon Royval in a flyweight showdown and Saidyokub Kakhramonov vs. Trevin Jones in a bantamweight bout.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Vegas 34 results below:
Kelvin Gastelum vs. Jared Cannonier
They had a feeling out process early then started to exchange. Kelvin went for a takedown to end the first round. Jared was loading up on his strikes while Kevlin was throwing in volume. Kevlin tagged him in the middle of the second round. Kevlin acted like he was going for a takedown, but let go of it. Jared dropped him in the third round with a head kick, but Kelvin got right back up and went for a takedown. The fourth round saw Kelvin clinch with him up against the fence. The fifth round also saw them continue to exchange. Kevlin scored a takedown in the fifth round. Jared got back to his feet. The judges gave the win to Jared Cannonier by decision.
Clay Guida vs. Mark O. Madsen
They clinched up against the fence and Mark landed some solid knee strikes to the gut. They started throwing heaters. Things calmed down as Clay was circling. Clay started to let his hands go in the second round as he was putting together some nice combos. Madsen was still landing and doing leg kicks. The third round came with it still being a close fight that felt on edge with the potential of devastating violence breaking out. The judges gave the win to Madsen by split decision.
Chase Sherman vs. Parker Porter
There were a lot of leg kicks early. Porter was loading up on his shots and missing. Sherman was picking his shots, keeping them close and together, which allowed him to catch him a few times. Porter caught a kick and got a takedown. Porter clipped him to start the second round and tried to land follow up shots, but Sherman was moving backwards. Both guys were bleeding as they traded shots although Porter out landed him. They continued to trade shots in round three. Porter got the win.
Saidyokub Kakhramonov vs. Trevin Jones
Jones clinched with him up against the fence, but Kakhramonov went for a guillotine choke and Jones got him in full guard. Jones got out of the guillotine. They clinched up against the fence and traded some knee strikes. In the second round, they continued to fight within the clinch. Jones got a takedown and landed some strikes in half guard. The third round saw them do some more clinching until Kakhramonov locked in a guillotine choke with seconds left to win.
Vinc Pichel vs. Austin Hubbard
Vinc landed a leg kick that knocked Hubbard down and they clinched. They separated and went back to striking with Hubbard on the outside. Vinc got poked in the eye. Hubbard tagged him with a combo to end the first round. Hubbard worked for a takedown and even got his back, but Vinc got him off. Vinc tagged him up against the fence. Hubbard got a takedown with a minute to go. Vinc got back to his feet. The third round saw Vinc tag him a few times. Vinc with a takedown into full guard. Hubbard got to his feet and they threw down.
Alexandre Pantoja vs. Brandon Royval
Pantoja scored a takedown right away and got his back. Royval worked for a heel hook, but failed to get it. They got back to their feet and clinched. Pantoja tapped him out in the second round with a rear-naked choke.
Quick UFC Vegas 34 Results
Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 10 PM ET)
- Middleweight bout: Jared Cannonier def. Kelvin Gastelum by unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 48-47)
- Lightweight bout: Mark O. Madsen def. Clay Guida by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
- Heavyweight bout: Parker Porter def. Chase Sherman by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Bantamweight bout: Saidyokub Kakhramonov def. Trevin Jones by submission (guillotine choke) at 4:39 of Round 3
- Lightweight bout: Vinc Pichel def. Austin Hubbard by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Flyweight bout: Alexandre Pantoja def. Brandon Royval by submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:46 of Round 2
Preliminary Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 7 PM ET)
- Featherweight bout: Austin Lingo def. Luis Saldana by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Bantamweight bout: Brian Kelleher def. Domingo Pilarte by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Josiane Nunes def. Bea Malecki by knockout (punch) at 4:54 of Round 1
- Heavyweight bout: William Knight def. Fabio Cherant by knockout (punches) at 3:58 of Round 1
- Lightweight bout: Ignacio Bahamondes def. Roosevelt Roberts by knockout (spinning wheel kick) at 4:55 of Round 3
- Welterweight bout: Ramiz Brahimaj def. Sasha Palatnikov by submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:33 of Round 1