UFC Vegas 35 went down tonight (Sat. August 28, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
There were two Ultimate Fighter finale fights with Bryan Battle vs. Gilbert Urbina and Ricky Turcios vs. Brady Hiestand.
Rounding out the main card was Kevin Lee vs. Daniel Rodriguez, Andre Petroski vs. Micheal Gillmore, and Makhmud Muradov vs. Gerald Meerschaert.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Vegas 35 results below:
Edson Barboza vs. Giga Chikadze
They had a feeling out process then both started throwing leg kicks. Giga caught him with a spinning back kick to the gut then a right hand. Barboza stunned him with a right hand. Giga swarmed him with strikes then became very aggressive. Barboza came out more aggressive in the second round and was letting his hands go. Barboza started working over the body in the second round. In the third round, Giga hurt him early and was walking him down as he landed several shots. Barboza dropped and Giga swarmed him with strikes. Giga went for a choke, but Barboza got out of it. Barboza stood up and was dropped. The referee called it off.
Bryan Battle vs. Gilbert Urbina
Urbina scored a quick takedown to start off the first round. He swarmed him with strikes while on top. Battle got back to his feet and ate a knee strike. They exchanged before doing some clinch fighting. Battle got a takedown and locked in a rear-naked choke for the win in the second round.
Ricky Turcios vs. Brady Hiestand
Hiestand worked for a takedown early and got two of them. Ricky kept getting up and he even took Hiestand’s back at one point. Hiestand started off the second round with another takedown. Ricky got up to his feet, they clinched, and he rained down elbows. In the third round, they did some more clinch fighting and striking. Turcios got the decision win and he’s the winner of the Ultimate Fighter in the bantamweight division.
Kevin Lee vs. Daniel Rodriguez
Rodriguez was using a lot of leg kicks. Lee landed a head kick then clinched with him up against the fence. Lee got a takedown and rained down some strikes from half guard on top. In the second round, Lee scored a takedown with two minutes in and even got his back. Rodriguez was tricky as he switched and got on top until Lee pushed him off. Rodriguez caught him with a flurry and Lee shot in for a takedown, but stuffed to end the round. Lee shot in for a takedown, but stuffed and Rodriguez landed a nice combo. Lee shot in for another takedown yet Rodriguez did a nice job of defending it. They exchanged until the bell. Rodriguez got the decision win.
Andre Petroski vs. Micheal Gillmore
Petroski took him down a few times in the first round and even teased a rear-naked choke, but couldn’t get it. In the second round, they went back to striking. Petroski shot in for a takedown, but Gillmore shut him down. Petroski looked better this round as he was letting his hands go. Petroski got a takedown to end the round. Petroski started off the third round with another takedown. Petroski rained down elbow strikes for the TKO win.
Makhmud Muradov vs. Gerald Meerschaert
After losing the second round, Gerald came back in the second round to score a takedown and got the rear-naked choke for the win.
Quick UFC Vegas 35 Results
MAIN CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, 10 p.m. ET)
- Featherweight bout: Giga Chikadze def. Edson Barboza by TKO (punches) at 1:44 of Round 3
- TUF 29 middleweight final: Bryan Battle def. Gilbert Urbina by submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:15 of Round 2
- TUF 29 bantamweight final: Ricky Turcios def. Brady Hiestand by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Welterweight bout: Daniel Rodriguez def. Kevin Lee by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Middleweight bout: Andre Petroski def. Michael Gillmore by TKO (strikes) at 3:12 of Round 3
- Middleweight bout: Gerald Meerschaert def. Makhmud Muradov by submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:49 of Round 2
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET)
- Middleweight bout: Abdul Razak Alhassan def. Alessio Di Chirico by knockout (head kick) at :17 of Round 1
- Middleweight bout: Wellington Turman def. Sam Alvey by split decision (27-28, 28-27, 28-27)
- Light heavyweight bout: Dustin Jacoby def. Darren Stewart by TKO (punches) at 3:04 of Round 1
- Women’s flyweight bout: JJ Aldrich def. Vanessa Demopoulos by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Featherweight bout: Pat Sabatini def. Jamall Emmers by submission (heel hook) at 1:53 of Round 1
- Bantamweight bout: Mana Martinez def. Guido Cannetti by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)