UFC Vegas 37 went down tonight (Sat. September 18, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Anthony Smith and Ryan Spann in a light heavyweight bout.
The co-headliner saw a light heavyweight bout between Devin Clark and Ion Cutelaba. Mandy Bohm vs. Ariane Lipski, Christos Giagos vs. Arman Tsarukyan, Tony Gravely vs. Nate Maness, Antonio Arroyo vs. Joaquin Buckley and finished out the main card.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Vegas 37 results below:
Anthony Smith vs. Ryan Spann
Spann clinched with him then they separated. They threw haymakers with Smith landing and dropping him. Smith rained down some strikes then put him on his back. Spann scrambled and got on top. Smith back to his feet and was working the body. Smith rocked him with a left hand then dropped him with a big right hand. Smith got his back then flattened him out and went for a rear-naked choke for the win.
Devin Clark vs. Ion Cutelaba
They clinched up against the fence where Clark was landing some shots. Clark separated after hitting some knee shots in the gut. Io was keeping his range and picking his shots while Clark was the more aggressive fighter. Ion dropped him with a straight hand then swarmed him on the ground with strikes including a big elbow. Clark got back to his feet and Ion clinched with him for the takedown. Ion got back mount, but Clark stood up. Ion got a takedown in the second round. Ion smashed him some more only for Clark to get back to his feet. Clark was bleeding as a result of this punishment. Ion controlled the third round got the decision win.
Mandy Bohm vs. Ariane Lipski
Lipski scored a takedown to start off the first round and got into full guard on top. Bohm got back to her feet and they traded to the bell. They exchanged through the entire second round. In the third round, Lipski cracked her and Bohm fell back so Lipski swarmed her with strikes on the ground. Somehow Bohm survived and stood up. Lipski walked away with the decision win.
Christos Giagos vs. Arman Tsarukyan
This one didn’t last long at all as Tsarukyan clipped him with a left counter hook then smashed him on the ground.
Tony Gravely vs. Nate Maness
Maness went for a quick takedown, but was stuffed. At the end of the first round, Gravely dropped him with seconds left then swarmed on him once getting to the ground. Maness was saved by the bell, but that was a heavy right hand. In the second round, Maness caught him with a right hand and folded him then finished it off on the ground.
Antonio Arroyo vs. Joaquin Buckley
It was a straight kickboxing match in the opening frame. Lots of leg kicks. Buckley clinched with him up against the fence in the second round. In the third round, Buckley caught him with a right hand to the back of the head then followed up with an uppercut and shots on the ground for the win.
Quick UFC Vegas 37 Results
Main Card (ESPN+/ 7 p.m. ET):
- Light heavyweight bout: Anthony Smith def. Ryan Spann by submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:47 of Round 1
- Light heavyweight bout: Ion Cutelaba def. Devin Clark by unanimous decision (30-26, 29-26, 29-27)
- Women’s flyweight bout: Ariane Lipski def. Mandy Bohm by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Lightweight bout: Arman Tsarukyan def. Christos Giagos by TKO (punches) at 2:09 of Round 1
- Bantamweight bout: Nate Maness def. Tony Gravely by TKO (punches) at 2:10 of Round 2
- Middleweight bout: Joaquin Buckley def. Antonio Arroyo by TKO (punches) at 2:26 of Round 3
Prelims Card (ESPN+/ 4 p.m. ET):
- Light heavyweight bout: Tafon Nchukwi def. Mike Rodriguez by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Raquel Pennington def. Pannie Kianzad by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Lightweight bout: Rongzhu def. Brandon Jenkins by TKO (punches) at 4:35 Round 3
- Bantamweight bout: Montel Jackson def. JP Buys by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Women’s flyweight bout: Erin Blanchfield def. Sarah Alpar by unanimous decision (30-25, 30-25, 30-26)
- Welterweight bout: Carlston Harris def. Impa Kasanganay by TKO (punches) at 2:38 of Round 1
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Gustavo Lopez vs. Alatengheili ends in a unanimous draw (28-28, 28-28, 28-28)
- Women’s strawweight bout: Hannah Goldy def. Emily Whitmire by submission (armbar) at 4:17 of Round 1