UFC Vegas 38 went down tonight (Sat. October 2, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Thiago Santos and Johnny Walker in a light heavyweight bout.
The co-headliner saw a bout between Kyle Daukaus and Kevin Holland. Alex Oliveira vs. Niko Price, Misha Cirkunov vs. Krzysztof Jotko, and Alexander Hernandez vs. Mike Breeden finished out the main card.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Vegas 38 results below:
Thiago Santos vs. Johnny Walker
It was a slow start as both men were trying to find their range. They didn’t do anything in the first round aside from staring deep into each other’s eyes. Santos threw 3 strikes and Walker threw 10. Santos went for a takedown, but it was stuffed. They both got up and landed. They continued to throw leg kicks in this round. Walker was throwing more fancy kicks in the third round. Walker did crack Santos with a left cross only for Santos to fire back with a right hook. Santos was doing some fienting, but Walker wasn’t biting. Walker had the advantage in the fourth round. Santos cracked him with a big right hand in the fifth round. They traded to the finish. The judges gave the win to Santos by decision.
Kyle Daukaus vs. Kevin Holland
Holland came out kicking. Kyle went for a single leg, but Holland clinched with him. While they clinched, Holland was talking to Daniel Cormier, who was calling the fight. Once they separated, they clashed heads and Holland dropped. Kyle swarmed him with strikes then went for a guillotine choke. Holland stood up and Kyle locked in the rear-naked choke and Holland tapped.
Alex Oliveira vs. Niko Price
Oliveira pulled him down to the ground after clinching, but Price rolled and got on top in full guard. Oliveira rained down strikes from this position. In the second round, Price threw a leg kick and it was caught so Oliveira put him on his back. Oliveira worked from top position while Price was going for various submissions. Price got back to his feet after dumping him off his back and then got on top where he rained down strikes. A strong finish. Price got the decision win.
Misha Cirkunov vs. Krzysztof Jotko
They traded hands until Misha clinched with him and Jotko landed knees to the gut. Misha shot for a single leg, but that was stuffed and they separated. The second round saw them continue to exchange. Jotko was getting the better of him. In the third round, Misha went straight for a takedown and got it. Jotko got back to his feet and they continued to exchange. Jotko scored a late round takedown. The judges gave the split decision win to Jotko.
Alexander Hernandez vs. Mike Breeden
Hernandez came out aggressive. Hernandez threw some hand before going for a takedown only to be stuffed. Hernandez tagged him with a flurry then dropped him with a right cross.
Quick UFC Vegas 38 Results
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET)
- Light heavyweight bout: Thiago Santos def. Johnny Walker by unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 48-47)
- Middleweight bout: Thiago Santos def. Johnny Walker by unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 48-47)
- Welterweight bout: Niko Price def. Alex Oliveira by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Light heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Jotko def. Misha Cirkunov by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Lightweight bout: Alexander Hernandez def. Mike Breeden by knockout (punch) at 1:20 of Round 1
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 4 p.m. ET)
- Lightweight bout: Jared Gordon def. Joe Solecki by split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Women’s flyweight bout: Casey O’Neill def. Antonina Shevchenko by TKO (strikes) at 4:47 of Round 2
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Karol Rosa def. Bethe Correia by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Lightweight bout: Jamie Mullarkey def. Devonte Smith by TKO (strikes) at 2:51 of Round 2
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Douglas Silva de Andrade def. Gaetano Pirrello by knockout (punches) at 2:04 of Round 1
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Stephanie Egger def. Shanna Young by TKO (strikes) at 2:22 of Round 2
- Bantamweight bout: Alejandro Perez def. Johnny Eduardo by submission (armbar) at 4:13 of Round 2