UFC Vegas 41 went down tonight (Sat. October 23, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a light heavyweight meeting between Paulo Costa and Marvin Vettori. The co-headliner saw a bout between Grant Dawson and Rick Glenn.
Rounding out the main card were:
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Joselyne Edwards (Women’s Bantamweight),
- Alex Caceres vs. Seung Woo Choi (Featherweight),
- Francisco Trinaldo vs. Dwight Grant (Welterweight), and
- Nicolae Negumereanu vs. Ike Villanueva (Light Heavyweight)
We’ve got full UFC Vegas 41 Results below.
Paulo Costa vs. Marvin Vettori
Costa was knocked down at the start of the first round after a stumble. Costa got right back to his feet. Costa clinched with him before they separated. Vettori caught him with a nice combo. Costa landed back-to-back body kicks. Costa was breathing hard. Vettori put him up against the fence and landed a series of strikes. Vettori cracked him with a left uppercut.
In the second round, Costa rocked him with a head kick then landed up with a flurry of strikes. Somehow Vettori survived. Costa did poke him in the eye. In the third round, Vettori clinched and Costa took him down, but Vettori scrambled on top in guard. Vettori walked him down in the fourth round and blitzed him with head and body shots up against the fence. Costa did a good job of covering up. They exchanged in the fifth round to close out the fight.
Vettori got the decision win.
Grant Dawson vs. Rick Glenn
Dawson went for the trip takedown and got it right away. Glenn was trying to scramble out, but Dawson ended up getting his back and worked him over with strikes. In the second round, Dawson got him down and did the exact same in the third round. In both rounds, both guys did a nice job of staying busy with strikes. Glenn tried his best to get up, but Dawson was way too strong and tied him up so Glenn had nowhere to go. With just a little over a minute to go, Glenn got on top and rained down strikes. Glenn even locked in a choke, but not enough time was left. The fight ended in a majority draw.
Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Joselyne Edwards
Clark took her down to start off the fight and got into guard. She worked her over with strikes from this position. In the second round, Clark once again took her down to the ground, but didn’t do much damage from top position. Edwards did get back to her feet as the round came to a close. Same story in the third round as Clark got another takedown and stayed on top. Edwards likely threw more shots on the bottom than Clark. Clark got the win.
Alex Caceres vs. Seung Woo Choi
The first round was wild as Choi folded him with a right hand and looked to finish, but Alex survived and when he was getting up, Choi landed a knee to the head while Alex was still down. There was a pause in the action. In the second round, Alex made a comeback and got a rear-naked choke for the win.
Francisco Trinaldo vs. Dwight Grant
They came out firing with Trinaldo moving forward. Trinaldo was throwing a lot of left head kicks. Trinaldo found his range in the latter stages of the first round and was landing. In the second round, Trinaldo threw a head kick and Grant took him down then landed some shots. Trinaldo got back to his feet. Trinaldo kicked him in the nuts then poked him in the eye. A point was taken away as a result. Trinaldo took him down after the break. Trinaldo got another takedown in the third round. Grant did land some shots, but it was mostly dominated by Trinaldo, who got the split decision win.
Nicolae Negumereanu vs. Ike Villanueva
Negumereanu clipped him early in the first round and walked him down until he caught him with a right shot behind the ear that dropped him. Negumereanu swarmed him on the ground with illegal shots to the back of the head for the TKO win.
Quick UFC Vegas 41 Results
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 4 p.m. ET)
- Light heavyweight bout: Marvin Vettori def. Paulo Costa by unanimous decision (48-46, 48-46, 48-46)
- Lightweight: Grant Dawson vs. Ricky Glenn declared a majority draw (29-28, 28-28, 28-28)
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Jessica-Rose Clark def. Joselyne Edwards by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Featherweight bout: Alex Caceres def. Seungwoo Choi by submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:31 of Round 2
- Welterweight bout: Francisco Trinaldo def. Dwight Grant by split decision (27-29, 29-27, 29-27)
- Light heavyweight bout: Nicolae Negumereanu def. Ike Villanueva by knockout (punches) at 1:18 of Round 1
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 1 p.m. ET)
- Middleweight bout: Gregory Rodrigues def. Jun Yong Park by knockout (punches) at 3:13 of Round 2
- Lightweight bout: Mason Jones def. David Onama by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Women’s strawweight bout: Tabatha Ricci def. Maria Oliveira by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Middleweight bout: Jamie Pickett def. Laureano Staropoli by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Lightweight bout: Jai Herbert def. Khama Worthy by TKO (punches) at 2:47 of Round 1
- Women’s flyweight bout: Jeff Molina def. Daniel Da Silva by TKO (punches) at :46 of Round 2
- Women’s strawweight bout: Randa Markos def. Livinha Souza by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Bantamweight bout: Jonathan Martinez def. Zviad Lazishvili by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)