UFC 269 went down tonight (Sat. December 11, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the T-Mobile Arena and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
The co-headliner saw Amanda Nunes vs. Julianna Peña in a women’s bantamweight title bout. Geoff Neal vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio is in a welterweight fight, Kai Kara-France vs. Cody Garbrandt in a flyweight bout, and Raulian Paiva vs. Sean O’Malley in a bantamweight bout finished out the main card.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC 269 results below:
Raulian Paiva vs. Sean O’Malley
O’Malley was using his jabs nicely in the early going. They had a feeling out process and started to trade leg kicks. O’Malley had the range down. O’Malley briefly dropped him with a right hand then dropped him twice after that with combos until the referee called it off.
Kai Kara-France vs. Cody Garbrandt
Kai dropped him with a big right hand and Cody got back up before being dropped again. Cody went for a takedown, but couldn’t keep him down. Cody was circling away to try to recover. Kai stunned him up against the fence then put him down and the referee stepped in.
Geoff Neal vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
After having a feeling out process, they picked up the pace. Santiago was throwing various combos while Neal was mixing things up. Ponzinibbio did land a nice punch at the end of the first round. Ponzinibbio came out strong in the second round with his punches. In the middle of the round, Ponzinibbio got a double leg takedown. Neal got back to his feet quickly after. The third round saw Neal clip him with a right hook. Neal wobbled him with a combo, but Ponzinibbio fired back. The judges gave the win to Neal by split decision.
Amanda Nunes vs. Julianna Peña
Nunes dropped her early in the first round with a leg kick. Nunes then dropped her with a jab. Nunes got on top and rained down some shots. Peña went for a takedown of her own when she got up. Nunes took her down and got her back. Peña scrambled and went for a kimura, but the round ended.
In the second round, Peña came out swinging and even rocked her. They had a wild exchange about a minute in. Nunes was loading up on her shots and missing. While Peña was landing shots, she was eating them. Peña continued to land and rock Nunes. Peña put her up against the fence and got a takedown then took her back before locking in the rear-naked choke for the win!
Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier
Poirier stunned him in the first few seconds of the round. They did some clinch striking. Charles with a knee strike to the body. Charles clinched with him up against the fence and got a brief takedown, but Poirier scrambled to his feet. Dustin rocked him up against the fence with a hook, but Charles kept coming forward. Dustin dropped him with a right punch and got on top briefly before getting back to his feet.
In the second round, Charles worked for a takedown early in the round, but Poirier got up. Poirier shrugged him off and Charles went for an armbar, but Poirier rolled through and Charles got back on top. Charles landed some big elbow shots. In the third round, Charles clinched with him before getting his back and locking in a standing rear-naked choke for the win!
Quick UFC 269 Results
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 6 p.m. ET)
- Women’s flyweight bout: Gillian Robertson def. Priscila Cachoeira by submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:59 of Round 1
- Bantamweight bout: Tony Kelley def. Randy Costa by TKO (elbows) at 4:15 of Round 2
- Featherweight bout: Ryan Hall def. Darrick Minner by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-27)
- Flyweight bout: Erin Blanchfield def. Miranda Maverick by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Middleweight bout: Andre Muniz def. Eryk Anders by submission (armbar) at 3:13 of Round 1
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Middleweight bout: Bruno Silva def. Jordan Wright by TKO (punches) at 1:28 of Round 1
- Heavyweight bout: Tai Tuivasa def. Augusto Sakai by knockout (punches) at :26 of Round 2
- Bantamweight bout: Dominick Cruz def. Pedro Munhoz by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Featherweight bout: Josh Emmett def. Dan Ige by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
MAIN CARD (PPV, 10 p.m. ET)
- Bantamweight bout: Sean O’Malley def. Raulian Paiva by TKO (punches) at 4:42 of Round 1
- Flyweight bout: Kai Kara-France def. Cody Garbrandt by TKO (punches) at 3:21 of Round 1
- Welterweight bout: Geoff Neal def. Santiago Ponzinibbio by split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
- Women’s bantamweight title bout: Julianna Peña def. Amanda Nunes by submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:20 of Round 2 to win the championship
- Lightweight title bout: Charles Oliveira def. Dustin Poirier by submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:02 of Round 3 to retain the title.