UFC Vegas 45 went down tonight (Sat. December 18, 2021) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Derrick Lewis and Chris Daukaus in a heavyweight bout.
The co-headliner saw a welterweight bout between Stephen Thompson and Belal Muhammad. Amanda Lemos vs. Angela Hill in a women’s strawweight fight, Mateusz Gamrot vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira in a lightweight bout, and Cub Swanson vs. Darren Elkins in a featherweight bout finished out the main card.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Vegas 45 results below:
Cub Swanson vs. Darren Elkins
Cub tagged him a few times. Elkins was bleeding from the early going. Cub dropped him with a combo, but Elkins got back up. Cub hit him with a spinning back kick and the referee waved it off.
Mateusz Gamrot vs. Diego Ferreira
They came out kickboxing to start the opening frame. Gamrot scored a takedown, but couldn’t keep him up. In the middle of the round, he did it again and once again Ferreira got up. Gamrot got a third takedown, but had problems keeping him down. In the second round, Gamrot went back to the takedowns, but Carlos just wouldn’t stay down. Gamrot took him down, but when Ferrira ate a knee strike to the gut, he gave up.
Raphael Assunção vs. Ricky Simón
Ricky scored a takedown and got into full guard. Assuncao got back to his feet only to be thrown down. Ricky dominated the first round in this position. Things ended in the second round when Ricky dropped him with a right hook then followed up with strikes for the win.
Amanda Lemos vs. Angela Hill
Lemos dropped her with a front face kick and Hill dropped. Lemos got on top of her in full guard. Lemos kept her there and dished out some shots. In the second round, Hill came out swinging and was walking her down. In the third round, Hill got two brief takedowns. Lemos got up right away both times. They clinched up against the fence and they traded shots. Lemos got a takedown, but Hill was right back up. Hill knocked her down with a spinning elbow with seconds left. The judges gave the win to Lemos by split decision.
Stephen Thompson vs. Belal Muhammad
Belal scored a brief takedown, but Thompson got right back up. Thompson was throwing kicks early. Belal tagged him with a right hand. Belal put him up against the fence and rained down strikes. Thompson answered with his own. Belal scored a takedown, got his back, and rained down strikes, but Thompson survived. In the second round, Belal went right back for the takedown, but Thompson got right back up. Belal with a takedown and got into side control. Belal held onto the right arm. Belal went right back to the takedown in the third round. While Thompson stood up and stuffed one takedown, Belal got it on a second attempt. Belal got the decision win.
Derrick Lewis vs. Chris Daukaus
Lewis finished him in the first round with less than two minutes to go. They did some clinch fighting. Lewis caught him with a combo. Lewis hurt him with a few right hands before Chris folded to the ground and that was a wrap.
Quick UFC Vegas 45 Results
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 4 p.m. ET)
- Lightweight bout: Jordan Leavitt def. Matt Sayles by submission (inverted triangle choke) at 2:05 of Round 2
- Heavyweight bout: Don’Tale Mayes def. Josh Parisian by TKO (elbows) at 3:26 of Round 3
- Women’s featherweight bout: Raquel Pennington def. Macy Chiasson by submission (front choke) at 3:07 of Round 2
- Featherweight bout: Charles Jourdain def. Andre Ewell by unanimous decision (30-26, 20-27, 29-27)
- Women’s flyweight bout: Melissa Gatto def. Sijara Eubanks by TKO (body kick) at :45 of Round 3
- Heavyweight bout: Justin Tafa def. Harry Hunsucker by TKO (head kick) at 1:53 of Round 1
- Middleweight bout: Gerald Meerschaert def. Dustin Stoltzfus by submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:58 of Round 3
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET)
- Featherweight bout: Cub Swanson def. Darren Elkins by TKO (strikes) at 2:12 of Round 1
- Lightweight bout: Mateusz Gamrot def. Diego Ferreira by TKO (strikes) at 3:26 of Round 2
- Bantamweight bout: Ricky Simon def. Raphael Assuncao by knockout (punches) at 2:14 of Round 2
- Women’s strawweight bout: Amanda Lemos def. Angela Hill by split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
- Welterweight bout: Belal Muhammad def. Stephen Thompson by unanimous decision (30-25, 30-26, 30-26)
- Heavyweight bout: Derrick Lewis def. Chris Daukaus by knockout (punches) at 3:36 of Round 1