UFC Vegas 48 went down tonight (Sat. February 5, 2022) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Jack Hermansson and Sean Strickland in a middleweight bout.
Punahele Soriano and Nick Maximov, Julian Erosa vs. Steven Peterson, Tresean Gore vs. Bryan Battle, Sam Alvey vs. Brendan Allen, and Shavkat Rakhmanov vs. Carlston Harris finished out the main card.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Vegas 47 results below:
Julian Erosa vs. Steven Peterson
They clinched early on before having a feeling out process with some shots thrown. Erosa landed some big strikes up against the fence. They started letting their hands go towards the end of the round.
In round 2, Peterson had a bloody nose and was cracked to start the round. Erosa went for a takedown, but was stuffed. Erosa started to light him up in the middle of the round. Erosa dropped him with a hook, but Petterson was firing right back.
The third round saw Erosa get a takedown into guard, but Petterson locked in a guillotine choke, but Erosa got out of it. They got back to their feet and continued landing big shots. Erosa got a late round takedown. Erosa got the decision win.
Tresean Gore vs. Bryan Battle
They were doing a lot of leg kicks to start off the first round. There was some confusion to end the round as a mouthpiece fell out and they were talking trash.
Battle got caught with a hook in the second round. Battle dropped his mouthpiece and there was a pause in the action. He fired back with kicks. Gore cracked him again and Battle tried to clinch, but that didn’t work. Gore went for a guillotine choke, but Battle fell down and they did some grappling.
The start of the third round saw Battle’s eye swell up badly. Battle did some clinching up against the fence, but Gore separated and landed a combo. Gore walked away with the decision win.
Sam Alvey vs. Brendan Allen
The first round opened with Allen going for a takedown, but stuffed. Alvey started to let his hands go, but Allen was still throwing kicks.
The second round saw Allen drop Alvey with a left hand. After a scramble, Allen got his back and locked in the rear-naked choke for the win.
Shavkat Rakhmanov vs. Carlston Harris
They did some clinching up against the fence for most of the first round. Rakhmanov got a takedown and tried to get on top, but Harris scrambled to his feet. Rakhmanov dropped him with a spinning wheel kick then finished him on the ground with strikes.
Punahele Soriano vs. Nick Maximov
They came out swinging. Soriano caught him with a big knee strike to the jaw. Nick went for a takedown, but couldn’t get it. They scrambled to their feet then Nick got on his back while Soriano was standing and went for a neck crank. Nick let go of it and Soriano got him down while Nick was landing strikes.
The second round opened with Nick going for a takedown attempt, but stuffed and Soriano scrambled to his feet. Soriano landed some more shots, but Nick shot for a takedown and eventually got it, but not for long as Soriano went back to his feet. Nick went back to the takedown and kept him there.
The third round opened with Nick getting a takedown. Soriano was dealing with some type of injury as he was kept from getting up.
Jack Hermansson vs. Sean Strickland
After a brief feeling out process, Jack shot in for a takedown, but they ended up clinching against the fence before separating. Sean was landing his jabs nicely while Jack was looking to counterstrike.
The second round, Sean started to put together some combos. After going back and forth, Sean dropped him as the round ended.
In the third round, Jack rushed him for a takedown, but gave up. Jack had no answer for the jabs, but was throwing more leg kicks.
The fourth round continued with Jack going for a takedown to start it off. However, Sean stayed upright and got away from him. Jack was missing a lot of shots and never seemed to have his range down.
The fifth round, Sean had a bloody nose. Despite that, he kept up a solid defense in the striking game. Jack went for a takedown attempt, but it was stuffed. They traded to the bell. Strickland got the win by decision.
Quick UFC Vegas 47 Results
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 4 p.m. ET)
- Flyweight bout: Malcolm Gordon def. Denys Bondar by submission (injury) at 1:22 of Round 1
- Welterweight bout: Phil Rowe def. Jason Witt by TKO (punches) at 2:15 of Round 2
- Light heavyweight bout: Jailton Almeida def. Danilo Marques by TKO (punches) at 2:57 of Round 1
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Alexis Davis def. Julija Stoliarenko by unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 30-27)
- Middleweight bout: Chidi Njokuani def. Marc-Andre Barriault by knockout (punches) at :16 of Round 1
- Featherweight bout: Hakeem Dawodu def. Mike Trizano by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Bantamweight bout: John Castaneda def. Miles Johns by submission (arm-triangle choke) at 1:38 of Round 3
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET)
- Featherweight bout: Julian Erosa def. Steven Peterson by split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Middleweight bout: Bryan Battle def. Tresean Gore by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Middleweight bout: Brendan Allen def. Sam Alvey by submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:10 of Round 2
- Welterweight bout: Shavkat Rakhmonov def. Carlston Harris by knockout (punch) at 4:10 of Round 1
- Middleweight bout: Nick Maximov def. Punahele Soriano by split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
- Middleweight bout: Sean Strickland defeats Jack Hermansson via split-decision (49-46, 47-48, 49-46)