UFC Vegas 48 went down tonight (Sat. February 19, 2022) from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex facility and we have the results. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It was headlined by a meeting between Johnny Walker and Jamahal Hill in a light heavyweight bout.
In the co-main event, Kyle Daukaus vs. Jamie Pickett in a catchweight bout took place. Parker Porter vs. Alan Baudot in a heavyweight fight, Jim Miller vs. Nikolas Motta lightweight bout, and Joaquin Buckley vs. Abdul Razak Alhassan in a middleweight bout rounded out the main card.
It was certain to have a great night of fights. Check out MMA News’ UFC Vegas 48 results below:
Joaquin Buckley vs. Abdul Razak Alhassan
The first round was all striking although Buckley did try to get a takedown, but stuffed and ate some shots as a result.
In the second round, Buckley shot in for a takedown, but ended up clinching with him against the fence. He did get a trip takedown, but Abdul popped right back up. Buckley with another takedown and the exact same thing happened. Buckley unloaded up against the fence. Later in the round, Buckley unloaded again, this time with shots mixed into the body. Alhassan fired back with his own until Buckley got a takedown.
The third round, Buckley landed a big uppercut and kept the pressure going. Alhassan was counter striking well. Alhassan with a takedown of his own and landed some shots from half guard. Buckley got the split decision win.
Jim Miller vs. Nikolas Motta
Miller clipped him early only for Motta to wobble him with a right hook, but somehow Miller stayed standing.
In the second round, Miller dropped him with a right hand and swarmed him with strikes for the win.
Parker Porter vs. Alan Baudot
Porter came right after him and was throwing leather. Porter went for a takedown, but Alan sprawled him. They clinched up against the fence for the remainder of the round while striking until Porter landed a brief takedown.
In the second round, Porter went for a takedown, but was stuffed. Porter stood up while hovering his back and landed some strikes before they clinched up against the fence.
In the third round, they continued to strike. Porter had a bloody nose, but kept going for takedowns and Alan was shutting them down. Porter got a late round takedown and moved to full mount. Porter got the decision win.
Kyle Daukaus vs. Jamie Pickett
Kyle scored a takedown and got on top, but Pickett went for a guillotine choke until he let it go. Pickett eventually scrambled to his feet and they clinched up against the fence. Kyle with another takedown right into half guard before taking his back, but Picket stood up. Pickett let go of a single-leg takedown of his own. Kyle got a third takedown into half guard and locked in the d’arce choke for the win.
Johnny Walker vs. Jamahal Hill
This one didn’t last long as Hill scored a first round knockout when he landed a right hand on the temple and Walker was out on his feet. Hill with a big right hand on the ground for extra measure.
Quick UFC Vegas 48 Results
Preliminary Card (4 PM ET, ESPN+)
- Bantamweight bout: Mario Bautista def. Jay Perrin via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Featherweight bout: Jonathan Pearce def. Christian Rodriguez via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Bantamweight bout: Chad Anheliger Gloria de Paula def. Diana Belbita via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Women’s strawweight bout: Gloria de Paula def. Diana Belbita via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Featherweight bout: Chas Skelly def. Mark Striegl via TKO (knee, punches) – Round 2, 2:01
- Women’s bantamweight bout: Stephanie Egger def. Jessica-Rose Clark via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 3:44
- Featherweight bout: David Onama def. Gabriel Benitez via KO (punches) at 4:24 of Round 1
Main Card (7 PM ET, ESPN+)
- Middleweight bout: Joaquin Buckley def. Abdul Razak Alhassan via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Lightweight bout: Jim Miller def. Nikolas Motta via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 1:58
- Heavyweight bout: Parker Porter def. Alan Baudot via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Catchweight bout: Kyle Daukaus def. Jamie Pickett via submission (D’Arce choke) – Round 1, 4:59
- Light heavyweight bout: Jamahal Hill def. Johnny Walker via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 2:55